Best Looking FW-190??

which was the better looking

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The D is sleeker and has a sharper nose. It's less stubby than an A. But I find a dewoitine D 520 and especially the mig-3 even more appealing.

As for jets, I love the kikka's looks...

Attachments

• d520-1_192.jpg
    d520-1_192.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 591
RE the D.520, I love the looks of lightweight fighters.

Attachments

• s.a.i_403_146.jpeg
    s.a.i_403_146.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 585
  • s.a.i_207_939.jpeg
    s.a.i_207_939.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 589
  • s.a.i_107_156.jpeg
    s.a.i_107_156.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 588
I dont see how the D.520 even can be compared to the Fw-190A or D.

The Dora and the Ta-152 rank in my opinion with the P-51, Spitfire, and Me-109's as th most appealing to the eye and best looking.

my "miss plane 40-45" stays the mig-3

but then, de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandis.

For twin engined fighters I'd go for the mosquito

For experimantal planes the one the russians had (resembling the p38 and equipped with two ramjets, forgot its name)

Attachments

• schnaufer___lent_112.jpg
    schnaufer___lent_112.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 543
well the A varinat is definately the bomber killer an excellent weapons platform.

overall the Dora has a smoother take, yes a longer engine mount but also compare the wing span of the two versions, The D much better suited to take the higher altitudes and fighter vs fighter although the A-8 and A-9 were excellent in a skilled pilots hands.

the dora just looks fast, The A-8 depicted in the profile looks to kick your ass

The Russians had a plane with 2 ramjets resembling the P-38? Tell me more

I saw it in the documentary 'secret soviet planes of WWII'. It's name was barracuda or something that sounded alike. It looked like the p38 but with a sharp nose and one piston driven engine in the back and a ramjet engines on each side. First the plane would have to gain speed with the regular engine after which the ramjets were used. The plane was never put in production because of the fact that its engines consumed way too much fuel. They also said the russians were for a while the leading experts in rocket technology, but Stalin had most of their rocket scientists executed which ofcourse derailed their impetus...

Attachments

• hansjoachimmarseille1_660.jpg
    hansjoachimmarseille1_660.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 504
Wow this sounds pretty damn interesting. Im gonna have look more into this.

The Russians were very capable in rocket technology - take the Bereznak Isayev BI-1 for instance.

Actually the Fw 190A-5/U12 was pretty bitchin looking with plenty of firepower to take on US bombers in the fall of 43 till March of 44 in I./JG 11

Erich said:
Actually the Fw 190A-5/U12 was pretty bitchin looking with plenty of firepower to take on US bombers in the fall of 43 till March of 44 in I./JG 11

No arguments here, all varients of the Fw-190 were great looking, and very menacing. I know I would not want to have stared down the gun sights with one heading straight at me with its guns blazing.

6 2cm weapons and 2 .30's pumping lead at ya from behind. Not encouraging even for a courageous tail gunner. or the reverse for the nose gunner/bombadier.

I./JG 11 attacked usually in the time period I mentioned from the front in staffel strength. straight in-line and slightly in a V formation to the center of a bomber box.............yee haw !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back