Best looking WW2 fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if I'd say it was the best looking plane in WWII, but another "Pretty Twin" would be the Saab J-21....

1582520412432.png

1582520854276.png

There's some really good looking aircraft posted on this thread.

But I think I've been affected by more modern ''snowflakery'' and love the idea of twin engine safety. :)

...Hi...I'm back....

Ok, this one might seem like a stretch (especially following that Bugatti. WOW! o_O )...but its my sig and I gotta give it props.
To me, it "cute" (like how a VW Beetle used to be considered "cute") and it does have a certain Elegance of Function going on.....

...and so.....

....I give you.....

THE L-4 GRASSHOPPER
View attachment 571532
View attachment 571533
View attachment 571534
View attachment 571535

I don't see any guns, so is it really a fighter? You got a 75mm in your pocket there, pilot?

I don't see any guns, so is it really a fighter? You got a 75mm in your pocket there, pilot?

Speaking as an old infantryman, I wouldn't call the L-4 a fighter, but they can sure bring the bad things to the opposing force. NEVER underestimate what good artillery spotters can do, with a good arty gang on the ground taking directions. (For the record, I was an 81mm mortarman, with good FOs we were something to be conjured to. Our platoon won the 82nd Abn. Division Mortar championships three years in a row, retiring the Ridgeway Cup). Good times.
Maybe the L-4 wasn't a fighter plane, but it could sure do a lot of damage, even without guns. A radio can be a weapon, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back