Best Military Aircraft Display Team (1 Viewer)

Best Display Team

• Ukrainian Falcons (Ukraine)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August 1st (China)

• Black Cats (England)

• Blue Eagles (England)

• Blue Impulse (Japan)

• Cartouche Doré (France)

• Halcones (Chile)

• Marche Verte (Morocco)

• Orlik Aerobatic Team (Poland)

• Patrouille Suisse (Switzerland)

• Patrouille Acrobatique de France (France)

• Patrulla Águila (Spain)

• Red Checkers (New Zealand)

• Roulettes (Australia)

• Royal Jordanian Falcons (Jordan)

• Sagar Pawan (India)

• Sarang (India)

• Sherdils (Pakistan)

• Silver Falcons (South Africa)

• Silver Swallows (Ireland)

• Esquadrão de Demonstração Aérea (Brazil)

• Escuadrilla Acrobática Cruz del Sur (Argentina)

• Strizhi (Russia)

• Surya Kiran (India)

• Team 60 (Sweden)

• Bialo-Czerwone Iskry (Poland)

• Wings of Storm (Croatia)

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Instal

Airman
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria BC
Unfortunately I have only seen 3 teams. Snowbirds, Blue Angels and Thunderbirds. I am sure there are those that have seen many more. What are your thoughts on who puts on the best show?

I think they are all great but the best in my opinion has to be the Blue Angels and then the Thunderbirds.

I am basing my opinion off of seing Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, the Italian team (unfortunatly one of the times I saw them was at Rammstein on the fateful day), and the British Team (at the Air Tattoo in 1997.

British Team - Red Arrows.

They're not the best, I'm just informing people who the British team is.

In my book it's the Blue Angels, hands down.
I've also seen the Thunderbirds and the Snowbirds. I've not seen any of them for a few years so this might not be true today but growing up the highlight of the year was always seeing the Blue Angles. The other two while good and I'm not knocking them or thier skill, seemed to always do thier thing a long way away (At least at the shows I saw)while the Blue Angels seemed to be right on top of you and have that little bit extra.
I'm dating myself but the best Blue Angel shows were with the Skyhawks, they might have not been the best fighter but they sure were a good demo team plane, loud and could turn on a dime.
Some of the best memories of my youth with my Dad were at the Miramar airshow.

I rank them Blue Angles, Thunderbirds, Red Arrows and then Snowbirds. I saw the Snowbirds again in October. They are good but I like a faster pace show. I also like Howard P in his Bearcat and the Navy's F14 and Super Hornet Demo teams.

DBII

I think the only one I have not seen is the Snow Birds. (not sure though I might have seen them at the Air Tattoo, I will have to look at the program when I get home).

One that impressed me was the Russian Su 27 team that I saw at the Paris Airshow.

Best for me though is the Blue Angels.

I've seen the Blue Angels numerous times. Always a good show, but best if its the high altitude show. However, the best display I have seen was a solo Canadian CF-18 at McChord AFB about 8 years ago. That guy rode it hard and put it up wet. Never seen anything like it since. And when he was done he booked back to Canada. Excellent show!

Jeez I've seen the Red Arrows in both the Hawks and the Gnats , the Blue Angels in the Tiger,Phantom, Skyhawk and 18, the Thunderbirds in the 100,105 F4 and 16 and the Snowbirds in the Tutor and there predecessor the Golden Hawks in the F86 , the Frecchi Tricolori and the French guys . Choice for the bigger teams is the Red Arrows but the Snowbirds are just as good it's just I've seen them to often.
For the smaller teams Blue Angels were best in the Skyhawk and the T birds were best in the F4 incredible noise and smoke ...choice goes to the Tbirds in the F4 . I saw the Tbirds this year and didn't care for the dancing ground crew. Best overall performer were the Golden Hawks

Attachments

• goldhaw3.jpg
    goldhaw3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 184
  • chatham-5.jpg
    chatham-5.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 176
Okay I found my list of who I have actually seen:

Blue Angels (US)
Russian Knights (US)
Patrouille Suisse (Swiss)
Patrouille Acrobatique de France (France)
Thunderbirds (US)
The Silver Swallows (Irish)
Team Aguila (Spain)
The Ukrainian Falcons (Ukraine)
The Turkish Stars (Turkey)
Royal Jordanian Falcons (Jordan)
Frecce Tricolori (Italy)
The Red Arrows (England)
The Blue Eagles (England)

The Blue Eagles were amazing. They are a British acrobatic helicopter team that uses the Lynx and Gazelle helicopters.

Edit: I went ahead and added a poll to see what everyones opinions are. Remember though that there is no right or wrong.

Wow thats quite the list Adler and PB. I am jealous. Are there any other teams that fly as many as the Snowbirds? (9)

Although I am an AF guy, the Blue Angels are my favorite. I've watched them from the F9F and on. They used to land right over my house in Pensacola.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back