Best/Most Sucessful Glider of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well i perposefully put "Best/Most Sucessful" in the title as this way we can have two planes, the hamilcar for best, the horsa for most sucessful...........

For me the Horsa shall always be associated with Pegasus Bridge (Been there!)

Pegasus.jpg

airspeed%20as51%20horsa.gif

hey, you, why'd you delete my post??

but don't forget the horsa could take her share of the heavy stuff too, two jeeps at least, i know it's not a tank but if i can't have a tank i'd rather have a jeep than nothing at all...............

WACO CG-4 GLIDER DEVELOPMENT MISHAP! :shock:

"The program got off to a rocky start. The first time gliders were used in combat was in Sicily. They were to land on a beach, and the approach was made over water. Many of the gliders were released too far away to make land, and crashed in the ocean too far from land for the soldiers to swim. Approximately 300 men were presumed drowned. Shortly thereafter, in a demonstration flight over St. Louis, a wing separated from a Waco glider carrying the mayor of the city and the President of the Waco Company. All aboard were killed. The military decided to step back and take another look."
By John Lorenz

From Silent Wings museum intro page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back