Best possible fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
ok so you can make you dream WWII single engined fighter by taking different aspects of different planes, the only rules are as we're talking about single engined fighters all aspects must be taken from singled fighters and no more than two aspects from each plane, i realise that's a bit confusing so observe:-

manouverability- A6M5 Zero
Range- A6M5 zero
Durability- P-47D thunderbolt
Ease of repair and manufacture- Hawker Hurricane
Speed- Do-335 Pfiel
armourment- Fw-190
payload- stuka
ceiling- Ta-152H

that's all i can think of at the moment, you see what i mean now.......

A6M2 Zero
Mustang
Hellcat
Bf-109
*EDIT*AGAIN*-Me-263 :D
Fw-190A
Corsair
Bv155

There we go, you already provided the parameters, I just plugged it in...

Manouverability - Fiat G.56
Range - Reggiane Re-2005
Durability - Fiat G.56
Ease of repair and manufacture - Macchi MC.205
Speed - Fiat G.55
Armourment - Macchi MC.205
Payload - Reggiane Re-2005
Ceiling - Fiat G.55

:p

actually there was no mention of piston engined planes in my post, jet and rocket planes arer accepted, just as long as they only have one engine...............

and i realised last night i put said i'd have the speed of the Do-335, however that was a twin engine, i'm supprised no-one pointed that out, as such i wish to change my chosen fighter for speed to the Me-163 Komet.................

Type: Interceptor
Origin: Messerscmitt AG
Models: A
First Flight: August 1944
Service Delivery: None
Final Delivery: None
Engine:
Walter HWK 109-509C-4 rocket
Main Thrust Chamber: 3,750 lb. (1700kg)
Cruise Thrust Chamber: 660 lb. (300kg)

Dimensions:
Wing span: 9.50m (31 ft. 2 in.)
Length: 7.88m (25 ft. 10.5 in.)
Height: 2.70m (8 ft. 10.25 in.)
Wing Surface Area: N/A

Weights:
Empty: 2105kg (4,640 lbs.)
Maximum: 5150kg (11,354 lbs.)
Performance:
Maximum Speed:
1000km/h (620 mph)
Time to 15,000m: 3 Minutes
Endurance: About 1 Hr. including 15 min. under power
Service Ceiling: N/A

Armament:
Two 30mm Mk 108 Cannon

Avionics:
N/A

lrg1197.jpg

If you go with Jets, only a few hundred could be built per year at best. Producability (is that a word) is also important. Jets should not be included in this catagory, as they were not producable in 1945.

I hink this is just a fun thread for you to say what parts of planes you would have to creat your "ulimate fighter". If we were being serious I could have ripped it to shreads by now :D

and that's why we can take charactoristics from other aircraft, i chose the reliabilty and ease of manufacture from the hurricane, that means that the entire made up aircraft will have the reliabilty and ease of manufacture of the hurricane, including the engines...............

I find it interesting that whenever the question of the Best fighter comes up the P-38 is excluded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back