Best sidearm of Great War

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vintage, but effective even nowadays...

706a0254090765.594c8032d1a1b.jpg

from
Behance

Looks like a Riechsrevolver
One would assume if your firing a Savage 32 ACP the target is only metres or yards away from you so target practice is not necessary and 10 rounds of 32 ACP should be ample. Trench raid and all that. 10 shots quick!
I am a fan of the Savage design. Very Art Deco. Looks like the stylish choice for the man about town. Probably have to wear a tuxedo while firing.

A few pointers.
A few handguns had their own proprietary rounds which makes sense from a business point of view but means that their wasn't standard round in some armies.
The Austrian view was stripper clips for their handguns and not changeable magazines so this doctrine influenced hand gun design.
Many guns that became service pistols or made in big numbers would never have been such without ww1 so often it's a case of grab what you can.
Mauser....and this is Mauser....couldn't build a 9mm parabellum pistol that worked. So if Mauser couldn't then that shows stuff. The 9mm parabellum was hot sauce in 1914 so a blowback wasn't the way forward so needs a locking mechanism which they couldn't create a military grade one.

I assume this is due to patents or to ease complexity as I would suspect it must have been simple enough to copy even the C96 as that fired 9mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back