Best tank killer aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Story is told of a Russian Hurricane pilot who attacked a JU 87-D as it was pulling out of a tank-killing run. Unfortunately the Hurri pilot overshot the '87 and the surprised Stuka pilots reaction to seeing the Hurri pass in front of him was to squeeze the trigger on his 40 mm guns.

POOF! Hurricane Confetti!

Kiwimac

yeah, it would have to be a horrible 'accident' for a Ju87 to get a kill :lol: Still at least it was a crappy russian pilot and not a British one! One of our highly-trained elite RAF pilots would never make a silly mistake like that... 8)

Beleive me...there were lots - most of their armed forces didn't have much of a clue - sheer weight of numbers - just about the only thing they will really be remembered for is the T-34 (best tank of the war :werecomingforyou: )

Aha! I stand corrected! i had forgotten all about the IL2 - i appolagise...how silly of me to forget such a cool plane :stoopyd: :signoops:

yes, bad bronzewhaler 8) in fact im having a bit of an obsession with the il2 at the moment - expect to see one on a signature near you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back