Best tank killer aircraft of WW2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd say the Americans are superior in equipment in both. The British have the better trained people, plus they do get hold of a lot of American stuff and improve it. The Chinook and Hercules being two main examples.
Might I add the F-117 and F-22 projects were largely contributed by an Englishman.

Nevertheless they remain American planes and the British won't have a truly stealth aircraft until the JSF comes along.

good point, if you wanna talk about carriers then please create a board somewhere else, this is for tankkillers 8)

Look at that, he tries to take all the credit when quite clearly English and German designers remain the superior.

Best tank killer ever A-10 thunderbolt, best tank killer of World War 2 - Il-2 Sturmovik.

we don't have any, it's a bit wimpish to try and not get notised, atleast give the enemy a chance, why we would want to spend millions on a stelth plane, what's the point, we get on the blower to you guys, tell president bush that someone hijacked a shipment of stuffed toys, he'll send over the entire military might of america.........................

If it wasn't for German and British designers you Americans wouldn't have stealth, nor would you have any kind of decent air force. And that goes for the Russians as well.
Plus your stealths aren't so good since the Russian radars can pick them up. And Kosovo, the Stealth wasn't so good then, was it?

The only reason the Americans have all the 'goods' is because of funding, but if you ever look at design teams it will ALWAYS consist of Germans and British, normally at the top.

Even the Saturn 5 was designed by Von Braun the Nazi Technology director, and a member of the SS. Without him you Americans would have never got to the moon.

I have never denied that other countries have contributed to American technology. But the fact remains, America has the technology, not Britain, not Germany.

But anyway . . . the Il-2 was the best tank killer of WWII.

Lightning Guy said:
I have never denied that other countries have contributed to American technology. But the fact remains, America has the technology, not Britain, not Germany.
But anyway . . . the Il-2 was the best tank killer of WWII.

Deutschland doesn't want power and technology very much now, they're peaceful for the time being. Proof? Not a single ( :!: ) German soldier has died in ANY conflict since World War II. (This is because they don't get involved, I'm not saying that they're some sort of invincible super-soldiers or anything) They do still have advances and great weapons (Leopard Tank), but war isn't on the horizon for them. Quoting the lanc, "If a ship full of stuffed animals is sunk, the terrorists get to experience the military might of the U.S.A" or something close to that.
It is, however, true. Since Deutschland and Amerika are allies now, any attack against Deutschland would be stopped by the U.S. for the most part.

:lol: Il-2 was the best tank killer..I think this thread died on topic.

British and German designers are better... :D

Too right, and that git was stood in front of them all... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back