Best use for a Ju 88?

What was the best use for Ju 88's?

• photo recon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • personnel transport/cargo

• trainer

• utility / glider tug, meteorological, chase plane, etc.

• maritime recon

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oreo

Senior Airman
Jul 18, 2008
South Carolina
OK, since the Ju 88 was such a great plane (and it was, don't get me wrong), what was its best use? I'm talking any time in the WWII time period, what was or could it best have been used for? I was going to include an "other" option, but that could have been a come-on for people to explain that the best use for a Ju 88 was for target practice. . . . and although that's all funny and everything, that isn't what I mean by the poll.

Perhaps you should give us a year as it's roll would be very different. In 1939 is was a good level bomber, but in 1944, with better interceptors, it would have been creamed!

Again, in 1939 it would have been a good night fighter, probably very good. But in 1944 it wouldn't catch anything.

Pff, you keep on spitting out all this polls. Never had as many new polls like now.

Well, nobody else is doing it, so why not? As long as people keep voting, I'll probably keep making new ones until I lose interest, and you'll probably never hear from me again after that.

Again, in 1939 it would have been a good night fighter, probably very good. But in 1944 it wouldn't catch anything.

In 1944 it was just fine as a night fighter.

A night fighter was used to attack Bombers at night. How was a Ju 88 not going to catch a bomber in 1944?

It still flew faster and had the advantage of radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back