Best-Worst-Last-First Whatever Lists (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

stan reid

Airman 1st Class
Jun 16, 2011
Illinois
My Top Twelve Classic UFO Stories - in order of occurrence:

1-Aurora, Texas UFO crash-1897
2-Battle of Los Angeles Foo Fighter incident-1942
3-Flight 19 disappearance-1945
4-Kenneth Arnold Saucer sighting-1947
5-The Flying Saucer that crashed at Roswell-1947
6-The S-T-E-N-D-E-C incident-1948
7-Thomas Mantell UFO interception and crash-1948
8-The Flatwoods Monster incident-1952
9-Felix Moncla UFO interception and collision-1953
10-Betty and Barney Hill UFO abduction-1961
11-Lonnie Zamora UFO close encounter-1964
12-Kecksburg, Pennsylvania UFO crash-1965

The two birds that are documented to have attacked and killed adult humans in the last 100 years:

1-Ostrich-the world's heaviest and tallest bird
2-Cassowary-the world's second heaviest and third tallest bird

Last edited:
My top 25 classic (more than 20 years old) unsolved murder cases with time:

25-Shirley Collins Murder=1953
24-Gregory Villemin Slaying=1984
23-Caroline Luard Killing=1908
22-Villisca Ax Murders=1912
21-Taman Shud=1948
20-Brighton Trunk Mystery=1934
19-Lord Errol Murder=1941
18-Gatton Mystery=1898
17-Borden Murders=1892
16-Babysitter=1976-77
15-Tylenol Poisonings=1982
14-Indiana Dunes Vanishings=1966
13-Bible John=1968-69
12-Thames Torso Murders=1887-89
11-Cincinnati Streetcar Killer=1904-10
10-Zodiac=1968-69
9-Julia Wallace Murder=1931
8-New Orleans Axeman=1918-19
7-Boston Strangler=1962-64
6-Original Night Stalker=1979-86
5-Jack the Stripper=1963-65
4-Black Dahlia=1947
3-Texarkana Phantom=1946
2-Jack the Ripper=1888
1-Cleveland Torso Slayer=1934-38

Last edited:
Best Cures For Constipation

White Castle
Taco Bells now defunct Chillito
Any seafood from Red Lobster
Nicky's Clam Bar
7-11 Coffee (the old blend)
Milk and Fruity Pebbles
Lone Star Beer (in a can)
Gennesse Cream Ale

Last edited:
I dont have a list, but the most convincing UFO story that i know is the valentich disappearance.

i was on one of the search vessels at the time. We found no wreckage in the week we spent searching....

I first heard about this case on Unsolved Mysteries (US TV). It was actually one of the few cases they covered that was outside the United States.

In "practical terms" and excluding Civil War issues, the three states of the United States that were once independent countries:

1-The Republic of Vermont 1777-1791

2-The Republic of Texas 1836-1846

3-The Kingdom of Hawaii 1795-1893

Last edited:
i was on one of the search vessels at the time. We found no wreckage in the week we spent searching....

My father flew SAR helicopters for many years after transferring from fixed wing types. I remember him watching a TV show about the Bermuda triangle (he didn't much like television, but had trained with the USN at Pensacola) and harrumphing at the proposition put forward that ships/boats/aeroplanes could not possibly disappear with no trace, no wreckage, flotsam or jetsam found. He was adamant that this in fact was more often the case than not. The wreckage may be very small and an ocean is a very big place.
He told me a story about a FAA aircraft which reported an engine fire and its position within 100 miles of Malta. He and several other helicopters and all sorts of other vessels searched in a classically expanding search pattern over several days and found absolutely nothing, even though they had a good idea where the aircraft must have gone into the Mediterranean.
This was in the 1950s, before GPS and emergency radio beacons and all the other technology available today, as are many unexplained disappearances.
Cheers
Steve

My father flew SAR helicopters for many years after transferring from fixed wing types. I remember him watching a TV show about the Bermuda triangle (he didn't much like television, but had trained with the USN at Pensacola) and harrumphing at the proposition put forward that ships/boats/aeroplanes could not possibly disappear with no trace, no wreckage, flotsam or jetsam found. He was adamant that this in fact was more often the case than not. The wreckage may be very small and an ocean is a very big place.
He told me a story about a FAA aircraft which reported an engine fire and its position within 100 miles of Malta. He and several other helicopters and all sorts of other vessels searched in a classically expanding search pattern over several days and found absolutely nothing, even though they had a good idea where the aircraft must have gone into the Mediterranean.
This was in the 1950s, before GPS and emergency radio beacons and all the other technology available today, as are many unexplained disappearances.
Cheers
Steve

That is so true steve, but what made this a bit interesting were the radio exchanges from Valentic and the Tower in those final minutes.

I don't believe in UFOs for the record.

In practical terms and excluding Civil War issues, the three states of the United States that were once independent countries:

1-The Republic of Vermont 1777-1791

2-The Republic of Texas 1836-1846

3-The Kingdom of Hawaii 1795-1893

California was a Constitutional Republic before being admitted into the Union. Much like Texas, the State Constitution still allows a default claus if the Federal government fails to meet it's obligations. Meaning that the State can revert to a sovereign Republic once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back