Best WWII automatic weapon

Best WWII Automatic weapon

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

timshatz said:
Same here. PPSh would be the one. Knew a guy who carried one in Iraq as a personal weapon just after the invasion. Had that and a Webly for the simple reason both worked. Trashed them when he rotated out.
Really? Where the hell did he get it? And he trashed them both, eh? Damn. I'm assuming they were simply worn out by the time he was done, right?

102first_hussars said:
I would pick the Grease Gun simpy because it held more ammo then most of the Thompsons
It was a relative piece of crap. It was a cheap, readily produced weapon like the Sten, to mass produce quickly for the front. It was flimsy and full of quirks and flaws. The Thompson was a much better weapon, but was more costly and complicated to produce.

Toss up between the 40 and the Owen, depending on your region of deployment.

And as far as automatics go 20mm Oerlikon would be my pick.

Im not a huge fan of the grease gun. The only reason it was made was to produce in larger numbers than the Thompson and make the cost a lot less.

I do think though provided it was cheap and all it was a good smg especially for paratroopers and armored. Its rate of fire also made it easier to aim with.

But with the Thompson; "rat tat tap, away with the Jap!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back