Bf 109 G-10 White 14 In Swedish Captivity... I Need Help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brett G

Airman
Dec 14, 2016
In looking at photos of this particular aircraft, I have a few questions before I build a model of it. Here is a link to the photos and color schemes I've seen (not sure about photo posting rules here, so I went with the link to the site itself.)
Luftwaffe Forced Landing - Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10, Werk # 490137
Here are my questions:
In the color illustration in the photos at the site linked above, there are some yellow painted portions on the underside of the nose, while the color scheme provided by Barracuda Decals show what I assume to be RLM76 instead of yellow on those two spots. Any idea which is more likely?
In the photos on the above site the swastika on the tail has been painted over and the Balkenkreuz painted over as well. Since the markings were most likely changed by the Swedes, I assume that the swastika was painted over with grey or some such in comparison to other colors on the aircraft. At first I assumed that the Balkenkreuz was painted over with a blue background with a yellow cross, but then it clicked... the cross is much darker than the back ground color, so yellow over blue doesn't fit.
Does anyone have an idea what the colors are that have been painted over the cross and maybe the color used on the swastika? I want to build and paint this aircraft and want to be as close as reasonably possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back