Boeing XB-15

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Boeing XB-15.jpg
Mission4Today :: › R & R Forums › Photo Galleries › WWII Aircraft Photo's › USA
High 0ne-fourth left rear aerial view of US Army Air Forces Boeing XB-15 (aircraft code 41R-46) in flight near Mitchell Field, Long Island, New York, circa 1941; photo plane to be seen along the right edge of the image.

Last edited:
Boeing B-15 with formation flying in background, at Army Air Corps 30th anniversary celebration at Wright Field; 8-2-39. Three-quarter left front view of Boeing XB-15 (s/n 35-277) on the ground. Photo was taken at the Army Air Corps 30th anniversary celebration at Wright Field on 2 August 1939. Unidentified aircraft are visible in the background in formation flight past the XB-15.
Boeing XB-15=.jpg

Based on another post somewhere on here I did some digging just to satisfy my own curiosity. Apparently it was a severely underpowered beast. Unable to meet the requirements set forth for it. But she was a magnificent looking bird!

In a recent post by Snautzer01, I noticed some Boeing XB-15 pictures:

Screenshot_20221114-103727_Gallery.jpg

The bottom right picture made me consider if that was some of the remains, post scrapping, of XB-15 being hauled away. Though I now would argue against it, I thought I would postulate it here nonetheless.

Screenshot_20221108-104518_eBay.jpg

A close-up...NOTE difference in prop hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back