Bomber command Memorial needs help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought the design was already chosen? 7 aircrew standing around wasnt it? also I've made the same point about the memorial being to remember the 55000 or so aircrew that died and not any particular operation ordered by the WC (see what I did there ;) ) On the British side yes ,twas the highest percentage loss of fighting personnel , just under 50% of the total wartime aircrew strength were lost from BC from the top of me bonce. Only the uboat crews lost a higher percentage of their overall total fighting force 75% or so???

Good old antagonistic press eh....

It appears chaps that our Germanic chums don't want us to remmember our RAF sacrifices in giving them (in the words of basil fawlty) a damn good thrashing.....

see todays edition of the Daily mail Dresden mayor to ask Boris Johnson: 'Don't build Bomber Command crews memorial' | Mail Online

Hows that for dullusional, we win n they still think they can tell us what to do.....! :rolleyes:

Kinda like the Japanese wanting the US to apologize for dropping the bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I guess we should feel guilty for winning, maybe (by today's PC standards) we hurt their feelings by making them lose? Did we damage their self-esteem? :rolleyes: Sorry....it ticks me off when people do crap like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back