Memorial Day 2019 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
I never say "Happy" Memorial Day. For many people, today is just the official start of Summer, a day to go to the lake and BBQ. For those that have served, the true meaning of this day is understood.

2019 marks the 15th anniversary that my division was sent to Iraq. Most of us us came home, several hundred did not. Never forgotten. Rest in peace my brothers and sisters.

memory.jpg

Another year has gone by and we here in the USA are observing Memorial Day, a day to honor our war dead, those who gave up their tomorrows so we could have our today. They, who paid the ultimate price, to purchase all the freedoms we enjoy here. Unfortunately as Chris posted to most it is just the beginning of summer, a three day weekend, picnics, camping, and fun.

First, to all of you, on this forum, who served or who are serving, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you for your sacrifice and your service. I say this to all who serve regardless of country. I believe that the men and women like yourself who are prepared to stand their ground for their family – for their friends – and for their country; deserve to be remembered, respected and honored.

Only one war but it was my war, Vietnam. We fought without America's support and we returned without America's welcome. Remember them now and honor their sacrifice.

On March 17 my last brother from Vietnam died. My motorcycle buddy for many years and miles: Huey Door Gunner Ray Chick. You saved my hide so many times. You are sorely missed but a farewell is necessary before we meet again.

Second, to my boyhood friends Joe and Rick, I cannot believe you both are gone from this world. Joe, who served in the Army in Vietnam and Commander Rick, weapons officer, on the Patrick Henry, you both live in my heart and mind until we meet again. Welcome Ray and take a pull at the Hellhorn while you wait for me.

Third, to mention just a few close Brothers - KIA Vietnam: Delmer Laws, Don Sain, Dan Taylor, Bill Lancey, Ron Dexter, Bob Sullivan, and so many more.

Fourth, to those who vanished, MIA Vietnam: Will Stark, Jerry Shriver, Leo Seymour, Lee Scurlock, Bill Laney, James Jones, Ray Echevarria and so many more. Only God knows your fate.

Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them for a man is not dead while his name is spoken.

Ains a year say a prayer faur me
Close yir een an remember me

I am not an American. But i think if your fellow country men and woman are taking a brake, have a holiday, a few beers to much not realley remembering why they have a few days off, service men/women should take this as the biggest tap on the shoulder. Regardless of the right or wrong of conflict it does not make the country less free. I would even say that my part of the world is a much better place with more freedom then well....ever ...in history.
So, all be it not my place, i do salute all American soldiers or for that matter every Bill and Bob and Nancy taking up arms to protect our brittle hard fought peace.

Salute :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back