Sarkozy refuses invite royals D Day 65th-Anniversary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

. And she will know how to politely tell her PC teachers exactly where they can stuff it.

Just choose her words carefully! I made an enemy for life with an ex RNZAF WWII vet when I was 12. He taught us GSK in the local ATC unit, and tried to tell us one day that "The only contender for the Spitfire in WW II was the Messerschmitt 109". I asked "What about the Focke-Wulf 190? The Mk.V was developed to counter it". He just rambled off angrily that he 'wasn't talking about the 190!' and never liked me from that time on!

Had a few similar run-ins with him and others later on too. Just because someone is younger dosen't mean they don't know anything! :|

BT, its been years since 9th grade History, but I recall bein rather confused as to whether or not the Bulge was caused by our replacement troops, sent to the "quiet" Ardennes for seasoning, or because Montgomery panicked and took forever to get back on the offensive. I guess every country wants a version of history that makes their guys look better, its only natural. Still, I know enough now to know better. Had it been Eisenhower hitting a seam between the Germans and the Italians (provided they weren't intermingled to provide some good German backbone to the Italian forces), the plan might've worked. The Allies (all of em) were made of better stuff.

I honestly can not believe how they can do this. It was Allied invasion and Britain and Canada made up a big part of it.

In my opinion if this is true, France is disgracing the honor of the other allied soldiers who died to liberate France. Very ungrateful! I think there has to be more to this. They had to have invited at least the British Prime Minister.

I have a feeling there is more to this and the Press is blowing it way out of proportion. If you read the article it says that the British are invited, and they get to decide who comes. The French govt. will not dictate who the British delegation is.

I don't know...

i give you the real reason: N Sarkozy wanted to be alone on the pics with B Obama !!

I'm french and i can tell you i was realy disgused by that decision,in fact the queen is the only person who realy participated to WW2 !!

i give you the real reason: N Sarkozy wanted to be alone on the pics with B Obama !!

I'm french and i can tell you i was realy disgused by that decision,in fact the queen is the only person who realy participated to WW2 !!

There is much more to the story, finish reading the thread.

BT, its been years since 9th grade History, but I recall bein rather confused as to whether or not the Bulge was caused by our replacement troops, sent to the "quiet" Ardennes for seasoning, or because Montgomery panicked and took forever to get back on the offensive. .

More likely the former, as the British didn't have much to do with the Bulge, except at the end were brought in as reserves as the situation was becoming critical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back