Book: "Their Finest Hour - The Battle of Britain Remembered" by Kaplan and Collier

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

canaanchamp

Airman
Feb 26, 2008
Illinois
I've recently finished this book after checking it out from the local library. It was published in 1989 which makes it old enough to give historical perspective and balance while still having first hand accounts from the men and women involved. It also has many photos of the area in 1988 which coincide with the time I spent in the same area and make them more meaningful to me. The book is not an in depth history, but more of an overview of the period 1935-1940. Of particular interest to me were the accounts of the Defiant squadrons and the use of the turret fighters in France and Britain. On the page edges are some very poignant poems and recollections along with many paper and business ads from the time period. the book is also loaded with many photos of period equipment including flight instruments, flight equipment, and ground support equipment. All in all a most worthwhile read.
51CYQDQBM8L._SX469_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back