Books to stay away from (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh the backlash! The author has even deleted all his official medias for the same reason! How you can write a 480 pages book from what I understand, you can read about this character in under 2 minutes, takes a certain amount of talent! Even Japan is up in arms about the Ubisoft game Assassin Creed Shadows for all the falsehoods, mistakes etc., etc..!

IMG_20240728_143436.jpg

IMG_20240728_143446.jpg

Care to explain?
I too would be curious for factual proof as from my experience with a handful of his English translated works, they are pretty decent. Good mix of data and stories. Perhaps the only downside is the lack of footnotes or bibliographies. That being said, I seriously doubt his writings can be put into the category of 'propaganda' for WWII birds. I have been able to verify many of his statements with original documentation. He is a serial author, but a decent one.

He is a serial author, but a decent one.
We like who we like. I loved his book on MiG 1.42/SU-47 where he wrote they would've been capable of intercepting all the types of NATO weapons incl guided bombs dropped on Yugoslavia.

I bought 4 of his books. That's 4 books too many, but feel free to keep financing "Yefim." Is there really someone with that name?

My experience with his work is limited to only WWII birds, as I clearly wrote above. Should his work turn fantastical after 1945 idk, but again am not interested in that period for my research. Claiming him to write 'propaganda' is a stretch. Factually incorrect in some instances maybe (I do not know the performance of jets so I cannot tell), but hardly 'propaganda'. Where is the pushing of politics in this works? He regularly and explicitly states the shortcomings of Soviet aviation in the book I have read: Soviet Air Power in World War II, Yakovlev's piston-Engine Fighters, Lavochkin's piston-engine Fighters, etc.

We like who we like. I loved his book on MiG 1.42/SU-47 where he wrote they would've been capable of intercepting all the types of NATO weapons incl guided bombs dropped on Yugoslavia.

I bought 4 of his books. That's 4 books too many, but feel free to keep financing "Yefim." Is there really someone with that name?
Still, you put down the work of a writer.
So you must be a hell of a researcher.

Please post a list of your papers books etc.

I ask you once again. Why.

Now not with your puberal opinion but with facts.
You know the stuff you researched so you can deal with the things wrong.

This is not facebook. Just do not blate your opinion.
Facts dear boy. Do you know them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back