Bristol Blenheim Mk.1F Instrument Panel (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

swampfox16

Airman
Dec 30, 2018
Louisville, Kentucky USA
I am building the Airfix kit of this aircraft. I would like to install some wiring from the back of the instrument panel. All the photos I find are, of course, from the front. Anyone got an idea of the layout?

Best I can offer:

Capture.JPG

1/48 ?
How happy you are !!
safe !

I watched Fubar57's link
You will note that little of this parts are clearly visible.
Part of that is because the full painted clear front panel hides most of visibillity

Logic , anyway , is that that each instrument panel générates a rear gear with a wire
Yes, I know the satisfaction having produced some stuffs that nobody will see … I am, as well, affected by this illness
Therapy is sometimes to be lazy to do too much !
Anyway, some years after, you'll not remember what you really did because you won't see it !
(ok you can today do pictures to reassure you)
ok just have fun !
christian

1/48 ?
How happy you are !!
safe !

I watched Fubar57's link
You will note that little of this parts are clearly visible.
Part of that is because the full painted clear front panel hides most of visibillity

Logic , anyway , is that that each instrument panel générates a rear gear with a wire
Yes, I know the satisfaction having produced some stuffs that nobody will see … I am, as well, affected by this illness
Therapy is sometimes to be lazy to do too much !
Anyway, some years after, you'll not remember what you really did because you won't see it !
(ok you can today do pictures to reassure you)
ok just have fun !
christian
You are quite correct about "affection". I've been doing this "hobby" for some time now and am trying to shake off the adage "You can't see it but its there" I've heard so many times. I find it bogs you down and you end up wasting time or not finishing.
After I posted this, I got to looking at photos and came to the conclusion you can't see most, if not all of the back. I may say "screw it" and take my chances I don't get some asshat with a penlight looking through the front glazing.
My thanks to you and Fubar57's information.
Yours in a box of spare parts,
swampfox16

You are quite correct about "affection". I've been doing this "hobby" for some time now and am trying to shake off the adage "You can't see it but its there" I've heard so many times. I find it bogs you down and you end up wasting time or not finishing.
After I posted this, I got to looking at photos and came to the conclusion you can't see most, if not all of the back. I may say "screw it" and take my chances I don't get some asshat with a penlight looking through the front glazing.
My thanks to you and Fubar57's information.
Yours in a box of spare parts,
swampfox16

How …
I see we share the same philosophy
Yes you can met guys with high level magnifying glasses and penlight walking around the shows.
Take care ! These are just new wave inquisition agents !
I prefer our "illness" than theirs.
christian

I appreciate the input regarding the wiring of the instrument panel. I'll let it slide and take my chances.
Now, another question. Regarding the interior grey-green color like that used in the cockpit and gunners location. Is it also used in the wheel wells and on the retraction portion of the undercarriage? The kit instruction call for these areas to be "aluminum".
Thanks again!

As memo serves the aluminium is correct, especially for the earlier vesions. However in a couple of pics it can be noticed that the retraction portion of the undercarriage could be of black too. Of course the absorbers of oleos were silver.

Here's a close up of the Duxford based Blenheim I's nose. Not much more to be seen that everyone else here has shared, unfortunately.

48500715202_ddd2143e6a_b.jpg
Blenheim I nose

Some images of a Bolingbroke's (Canadian built Blenheim IV) undercarriage and bays. If you are doing a night variant it looks like the legs might be black. They could be useful for bay detail.

48500542896_576a2dd524_b.jpg
9940 36

48500717272_5206d03d49_b.jpg
9940 37

48500717207_f6efcf4535_b.jpg
9940 85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back