Bullet Proof Glass what aircraft?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bigjim51

Recruit
Feb 1, 2016
I have had this glass for 60 years my dad recovered it from a aircraft in the early 1950's at Eglin Air Field, Florida he could not remember what kind of aircraft he just said a bomber?
any help please I checked with the museum at Eglin I don't think they even know were the front door is.
IMG_3002_mod.jpgIMG_3003_mod.jpgIMG_3004_mod.jpgIMG_3006_mod.jpgIMG_3007_mod.jpgIMG_3009_mod.jpg

Bigjim51,

If you still have your turret glass, I have a project (actually, two of them) to put it in here in PHX. Just stumbled upon this great set of pictures today and hope you still have it.

- Robert

Attachments

• Emerson_A15_001s-706x929.jpg
    Emerson_A15_001s-706x929.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 37
Pity, that. Hopefully he's still a fan of the forum and might check back. But in reality I shouldn't get hoping it'll happen given the age of the thread. Time is great stuff for good whisky, but not so much for chasing down leads for parts. Who knows? Maybe that glass slab is still out there. We could sure use it. Had a buddy who found one in the turret dump on the property of the former Depot 41 War Assets Administration site (Kingman Army Air Field, AZ) years ago, but it's in pretty dreadful shape.

So, the hunt continues. And thank you for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back