Can you identify this propeller

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its hard to say; its "opposite rotation" to most common US aircraft and the markings are hard to read. I would date it to at least circa 1930 if not older.

I can't see the pic's straycatmolly, but I will welcome you to the forum.
My company has me blocked out...

Charles

I think its from a Airboat. Maybe made by Sensenich.

I checked TSDC and could not find anything from a Sensenich with counter-clockwise rotation that would be used on a type certificated aircraft. It would be almost impossible to determine a specific aircraft it went on as a propeller, based on pitch and length could be fitted to a number of aircraft.

Here's something else to consider... British props rotate opposite to U.S. props too. As seen from the pilots view U.S. props rotate clockwise, British rotate counter-clockwise. :?:

Regarding Flyboy's comment on the opposite rotation of US props, would that vary if the motor was a 'pusher' rather than a 'puller'? Curtiss Flying boats were pushers for example, like the british supermarine Walrus.

...And what about the reinforced blades, either made from an inferior wood, or strengthened to handle sea-going conditions?

...And what about the reinforced blades, either made from an inferior wood, or strengthened to handle sea-going conditions?

Up until the advent of composites, wood is the best material one can use for a propeller blade.

The edge is reinforced to handle striking water spray and other debris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back