Captured JU87D used by RAF 112 Sqn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Be concerned with the crow picture, at the polish publication "TBU" nr.138, its last page presents colored profiles of some Ju-87 of different variants.One of them is Ju87B-2 served in 3/St.G.1 (A5+HL) with the crow on the front cowling.

Here is another picture of captured Ju87D. Let's pay attention to the crow on the cowling

Attachments

• ju87_5a_117.jpg
    ju87_5a_117.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 302
fovcollector ; This is a very old post in the mean time I have found the following which I think has what you seek.......Photos3, hope this is a help to you....Warmest Regards Rob

fovcollector ; This is a very old post in the mean time I have found the following which I think has what you seek.......Photos3, hope this is a help to you....Warmest Regards Rob

Thanks for the reply. I already have seen this page before and hoping to find some others. Some that give the description of the paint scheme 112 used or is it a standard British scheme and what are the FS numbers? Are there any markings on top of the wings?

Thanks for the reply. I already have seen this page before and hoping to find some others. Some that give the description of the paint scheme 112 used or is it a standard British scheme and what are the FS numbers? Are there any markings on top of the wings?

Sorry that is all I have been able to find to date

Yes I have seen the model paintings before, but never seen any real pics of the actual aircraft. That is what I am looking for.

Sorry Adler, just got to this post. Here are some of the pictures and profiles from a variety of sources.

Attachments

• Ju-87 part 1.JPG
    Ju-87 part 1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Ju-87 part 2.JPG
    Ju-87 part 2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Ju-87 part 3.JPG
    Ju-87 part 3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 140
  • Ju-87 part 4.JPG
    Ju-87 part 4.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Ju-87 Part 5.jpg
    Ju-87 Part 5.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 527
  • Ju-87 part 6.jpg
    Ju-87 part 6.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 157
That's at least 3 different unit codes then... they can't all have belonged to Poelz? The last photo seems to indicate the possibility of more than one at a time being 'snaked' But is the snake a fake, in the background?

As a side note the snake was not only found on Ju-87's but I have seen the snake emblem stretch down the whole side of Ju-52's. I will see if I can dig up some pictures.

Quite interesting I didn't realise the Ju-52s which were Transports used the snake symbol as well.

Quite interesting I didn't realise the Ju-52s which were Transports used the snake symbol as well.

Here you go, from the magazine Im Focus issue 4, 2004. They flew with 9/ZG 26

Attachments

• Ju-52b.JPG
    Ju-52b.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 136
  • Jg 52a.JPG
    Jg 52a.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Ju-52.JPG
    Ju-52.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 96
Hello All...I'm currently starting a build of a 100" wing span remote control Stuka...I'm trying to decide on the color scheme to go with...I've been looking for documentation on different sqaudrons...do you have any links or books to suggest...you may contact me via my e-mail.
Thanks
Dale

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest the book series of Kagero. Also the booklet of no.7 of the TopDrawings series. There are included either free decal sheets or masks to all of these books.

Attachments

• kagero_ju87_I.jpg
    kagero_ju87_I.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 58
  • kagero_ju87_II.jpg
    kagero_ju87_II.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 57
  • kagero_ju87_III.jpg
    kagero_ju87_III.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 67
  • kagero_ju87_IV.jpg
    kagero_ju87_IV.jpg