Catch-Up Corner.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
At least a few of us have models that have been "in limbo" for some time, or on "The Shelf of Doom", but have eventually been finished. I certainly have a number of these, some from Group Builds, and I'm slowly going through these to get them finished.
I thought that this might be a good place to show these finished models, and hope to see some from other members posted here.
I'll be adding a few over the months, and I'll start off with the model shown below.

DH. Mosquito PR.IX, 1/48th Scale.

This is from GB 32, Twin Engined Aircraft WW2, back in October 2017, and has been sitting on a shelf ever since, awaiting the final small bits to finish it.
The model was modified from the Airfix PR.XVI kit, which involved quite a bit of work to correct the shape of the supercharger intakes, and plug large gaps in the engine cowlings.
Other work included re-profiling the prop blades from the 'paddle' blades supplied in the kit, to the earlier 'needle tip' type, adding cockpit detail, some of which was resin and some scratch-built, plus other small details and scratched items, with a vac-formed canopy from Rob Taurus (which I forgot to clean before tasking the photos ! ).
I finally fitted the props and antenna wire earlier today, using 'invisible' thread - then promptly knocked off the wire when setting up for the photos !
I'll re-fit another 'wire' very soon. Note that the display base is not intended for this model, being a spare base, and was only used to make it easier to turn the model for the various angles for the photos.

I look forward to seeing some more 'forgotten' models here in "Catch-up Corner" - just post them with the title of the model as shown above, and any other relevant info you feel may be of interest.

Mosquito PR.IX build 358.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 359.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 361.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 362.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 363.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 364.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 366.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 367.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 368.JPG
Mosquito PR.IX build 371.JPG

Great idea but it will be a long time before I post anything here if at all. All of mine are less than half finished and, to be honest, I like to continue the thread that I started to show the progress as I like having a record of what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back