Chasing Hurricane MkI (metal covered wings) rivet schematic

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tryc

Airman
Jul 19, 2018
As the title says really, I've been able to find the rivet outlay for the hurricane fuselage from walkarounds, but there is quite a lack of schemes/ walkarounds showing detailed placement of rivets on upper and lower wings/ fuselage. If anyone can provide any detailed enough images or detailed schematics of any / all of the rivet layouts on these parts where all rivets are clearly visible I would be hugely grateful!
Thanks!

Arthur Bentley did a great set of Hurricane drawing back in the 1980s or 1990s that included the wing rivet pattern.
I don't have a full set but here is the top wing. If you look really closely you can see the rivet line locations. In combination with photos from the internet it should make sense.
The leading edge was flush riveted but the rest was dome rivited. I don't know about the wing underside but it was probably similar.

Attachments

• Hurricane wing.jpg
    Hurricane wing.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 616
Arthur Bentley did a great set of Hurricane drawing back in the 1980s or 1990s that included the wing rivet pattern.
I don't have a full set but here is the top wing. If you look really closely you can see the rivet line locations. In combination with photos from the internet it should make sense.
The leading edge was flush riveted but the rest was dome rivited. I don't know about the wing underside but it was probably similar.
Not sure how much difference between the two but these are the Mk.IIa wings.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back