Spitfire MK VIII schematic with riveting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
Hi all

I'm about to start a new project and I would like to try something different this time. I'll try the riveting thing.

But i don't have any good plans showing all the panels and rivets for the mark VIII Spitfire.

Can you please help me?

Cheers
Paulo

I have these Paulo but can't vouch for their accuracy. They are a bit fuzzy but should be okay unless you counting the rivets.

spitfireviii72jt_7.jpg
spitfireviii72jt_8.jpg

Phillips:
I haven't looked at the site as I'm on my cell phone. I was wondering if there are also accurate drawings of biplanes. My next modeling project (after the P-51) will be a Boeing F4B-4 (& -1).

Crimea,

That's an impressive list. I tried clicking onto the links but only came up short. I was specifically looking at the Curtiss P-36 mostly out of curiosity. Still, it's nice to know there's a great reference source of rivet detail. If only I had access.....

Hi all

I'm about to start a new project and I would like to try something different this time. I'll try the riveting thing.

But i don't have any good plans showing all the panels and rivets for the mark VIII Spitfire.

Can you please help me?

Cheers
Paulo polished concrete brisbane
Here are some steps you can follow:

1. Research and gather reference materials: Look for technical manuals, books, or online resources specifically related to the Mark VIII Spitfire. These resources often include detailed diagrams, illustrations, or photographs that can help you understand the panel and rivet placement.
  2. Study existing Spitfires: If possible, visit museums or air shows where you can examine real Spitfires up close. This will give you a better understanding of the actual rivet patterns and panel configurations.
  3. Join online forums or communities: Connect with other aviation enthusiasts or modelers who specialize in Spitfire aircraft. They might be able to provide you with specific guidance, reference materials, or even share their own experiences with riveting a Mark VIII Spitfire model.
  4. Scale model kits: Consider purchasing a scale model kit of the Mark VIII Spitfire. These kits often come with detailed instructions and can provide you with a hands-on reference for panel lines and rivet placement.
  5. Consult with experts: If you have access to aviation or historical experts, reach out to them for guidance. They may have valuable insights or be able to point you in the right direction for resources.
  6. Practice and experiment: Before working on your main project, practice riveting techniques on scrap materials or small test pieces. This will help you gain confidence and refine your skills.
Remember, working with rivets requires precision and attention to detail. Take your time, consult reliable sources, and practice to achieve the best results. Good luck with your riveting project on the Mark VIII Spitfire!

Its pretty close...Some small errors in them though.At bottom of throttle there is a skin stiffener that rivet line hasnt shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back