P51D schematics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many accounts that share documents on scribd, such as avilogs official account, were the accounts of the original author as an advertisement to promote sale, and I think in this case the downloads're completely legal.
The traders such as avilogs share those documents on scribd just to promote sales for themselves.

I do not know if it is still there but the Bristol Australian Beaufort manual that Avialogs were selling by subscription was a copy of the manual I uploaded to this website.

At no time did Avialogs ever ask my permission to copy it from this site and sell it on their site by subscription. Avialogs is the reason that all subsequent uploads I have made to this site are watermarked WW2 Aircraft . net I provide the documents in my library for people to enjoy for free.

I do not approve of scum like Avialogs who take those documents and make a profit from them.

I do approve of forum members downloading those manuals and distributing them - free of charge - to anyone else who is interested.

I also upload some documents to Air Corps Library. They always identify the donor unless the donor requests to be called anonymous like I do. They will not upload any document I supply to their website until I have provided all the appropriate approval documents.

Last edited:
I do not know if it is still there but the Bristol Australian Beaufort manual that Avialogs were selling by subscription was a copy of the manual I uploaded to this website.

At no time did Avialogs ever ask my permission to copy it from this site and sell it on their site by subscription. Avialogs is the reason that all subsequent uploads I have made to this site are watermarked Aircraft of World War II - WW2Aircraft.net Forums. I provide the documents in my library for people to enjoy for free.

I do not approve of scum like Avialogs who take those documents and make a profit from them.

I do approve of forum members downloading those manuals and distributing them - free of charge - to anyone else who is interested.

I also upload some documents to Air Corps Library. They always identify the donor unless the donor requests to be called anonymous like I do. They will not upload any document I supply to their website until I have provided all the appropriate approval documents.
I am fairly an independent amateur whose favorite is studying old aviation technic, and I only share digital technical publication years ago with no profit, so I completely agree with you.
Your words have took me into a thought:
if everything especially civil technical things, all could share freedomly of everyone's will, and the country represents everyone to pay the scientists and technicans, the efficiency and true freedom of the labourer would be much better.

Thank you. Do you have a link to this?

I found and posted to Osprey. Scribd seemed to offer only eBook version and may be a Osprey distributor.

I am fairly an independent amateur whose favorite is studying old aviation technic, and I only share digital technical publication years ago with no profit, so I completely agree with you.
if everything especially civil technical things, all could share freedomly of everyone's will, and the country represents everyone to pay the scientists and technicans, the efficiency and true freedom of the labourer would be much better.

Hi m13katyusa2020,

That mild Marxism has never worked and never will. There is NO country that can safely estimate the value of our efforts; they can only limit the renumeration for our efforts. Who decides how much several years of research is worth compared to a month's research? Is value set by number of pages? Word count? Costs of good paper vs better paper? Purchases of new photos and illustrations? Is a book of drivel valued the same as a well researched new title? Are new books always worth more (or less) than old books? Again, who decides?

In a free market, you decide what you want to pay for someone elses efforts. When a company like Scribed offers a book that they don't own as a free download, how are the author and publisher compensated for their efforts? Why would someone pay for something that is available elsewhere for free.

Some of these download companies charge a membership fee; how much of that fee do they share with authors or publishers?

You want the information? You should decide what it is worth, then decide how much you're willing to invest to get it. It's like free lunch, someone ALWAYS has to pay... Scribed and similar companies can bugger off for all I care.

Cheers,

Dana

Alexander Fleming and his team believed it was morally wrong to patent penicillin, so someone else did ( parts of the manufacturing process) and made a fortune from their efforts. There were similar issues with safety matches whose safety wasnt just about causing fire. It costs a lot of money to obtain information by research or study, it is always cheaper to get it by spying stealing or bribing.

Hi m13katyusa2020,

That mild Marxism has never worked and never will. There is NO country that can safely estimate the value of our efforts; they can only limit the renumeration for our efforts. Who decides how much several years of research is worth compared to a month's research? Is value set by number of pages? Word count? Costs of good paper vs better paper? Purchases of new photos and illustrations? Is a book of drivel valued the same as a well researched new title? Are new books always worth more (or less) than old books? Again, who decides?

In a free market, you decide what you want to pay for someone elses efforts. When a company like Scribed offers a book that they don't own as a free download, how are the author and publisher compensated for their efforts? Why would someone pay for something that is available elsewhere for free.

Some of these download companies charge a membership fee; how much of that fee do they share with authors or publishers?

You want the information? You should decide what it is worth, then decide how much you're willing to invest to get it. It's like free lunch, someone ALWAYS has to pay... Scribed and similar companies can bugger off for all I care.

Cheers,

Dana
Dear Dana,
I'm only a historical lover and technical amateur who loves old technics, and I don't want to talk anything about laws and politics at first.
So I think it's not approprite to conclude someone before making some examples, I think your words before making an example on me are extremely AUTOCRATIC and UNFREEDOM, and you have no evidence that I'm a mild Marxism.
I don't want ANYONE to stick a TAG on my freedom thoughts!
Isn't capital occupying years of research of scientists? Edison occupies thousands of his staffs' work and patent for himself even after he died, do you believe Edison could invent things after he died??? Can you guarantee all of the patent named Elon Musk all his main effort, or his staffs are the main effort?

Last edited:
Alexander Fleming and his team believed it was morally wrong to patent penicillin, so someone else did ( parts of the manufacturing process) and made a fortune from their efforts. There were similar issues with safety matches whose safety wasnt just about causing fire. It costs a lot of money to obtain information by research or study, it is always cheaper to get it by spying stealing or bribing.
I think it would be much more freedom to build an freedomly open-source world, it's much more freedom and efficiency,
where the country represents everyone to PAY FOR the effort, where scientists could directly recieve their salary without any patent concern, so that could concentrate on their research.
And everyone who acknowledges the scientists' fame, could share and study the scientists' tech freedomly.
I think it's freedom to share more tech publicly, just like the U.S. Army bought and approved GE T700-701C engine repair manual and IPC to share publicly, isn't it?
Isn't that much more freedom and efficiencntly?

Last edited:
I think it would be much more freedom to build an freedomly open-source world, it's much more freedom and efficiency,
where the country represents everyone to PAY FOR the effort, where scientists could directly recieve their salary without any patent concern, so that could concentrate on their research.
And everyone who acknowledges the scientists' fame, could share and study the scientists' tech freedomly.
I think it's freedom to share more tech publicly, just like the U.S. Army bought and approved GE T700-701C engine repair manual and IPC to share publicly, isn't it?
Are you suggesting the US army buys up every book technical paper and patent in the world to give to everyone in the world?

Are you suggesting the US army buys up every book technical paper and patent in the world to give to everyone in the world?
Hah hah, I phraised it just for doing something fine, however making things better is not enough while just depending on one national organization.

Dear Dana,
I'm only a historical lover and technical amateur who loves old technics, and I don't want to talk anything about laws and politics at first.
So I think it's not approprite to conclude someone before making some examples, I think your words before making an example on me are extremely AUTOCRATIC and UNFREEDOM, and you have no evidence that I'm a mild Marxism.
I don't want ANYONE to stick a TAG on my freedom thoughts!
Isn't capital occupying years of research of scientists? Edison occupies thousands of his staffs' work and patent for himself even after he died, do you believe Edison could invent things after he died??? Can you guarantee all of the patent named Elon Musk all his main effort, or his staffs are the main effort?

Sorry if my words weren't clear - I don't believe you are a Marxist, but your proposal clearly was. It really boils down to who owns your work - yourself or a collective/government. If you form a company and others invest in your work, you negotiate the portions the others own - whether you all agree or not decides what rewards each participant can expect. If Musk or I (with small differences in our incomes) write something, our investors know what returns to expect. We take the risks, we (and our investors) reap the rewards. Those who aren't part of the efforts have no rights to reap the rewards

Edison - as you cited - developed a lab and a number of products. To create and sell those products, he hired and paid his staff - they were rewarded for their work, but they took their jobs knowning they had no rights to his inventions. (Some companies offer stock options, but still retain the patent rights.) Edison famously stole the French film A Trip to the Moon and sold tickets to the public. In the first case he owned the rights; in the second he deprived the film's creator of profits on his investment.

If we don't own our work, we limit our incentive to invest heavily in the quality of our product. Marx saw a more perfect world where everyone received benefits of others' progress. The world doesn't work that way.

Cheers,

Dana

Sorry if my words weren't clear - I don't believe you are a Marxist, but your proposal clearly was. It really boils down to who owns your work - yourself or a collective/government. If you form a company and others invest in your work, you negotiate the portions the others own - whether you all agree or not decides what rewards each participant can expect. If Musk or I (with small differences in our incomes) write something, our investors know what returns to expect. We take the risks, we (and our investors) reap the rewards. Those who aren't part of the efforts have no rights to reap the rewards

Edison - as you cited - developed a lab and a number of products. To create and sell those products, he hired and paid his staff - they were rewarded for their work, but they took their jobs knowning they had no rights to his inventions. (Some companies offer stock options, but still retain the patent rights.) Edison famously stole the French film A Trip to the Moon and sold tickets to the public. In the first case he owned the rights; in the second he deprived the film's creator of profits on his investment.

If we don't own our work, we limit our incentive to invest heavily in the quality of our product. Marx saw a more perfect world where everyone received benefits of others' progress. The world doesn't work that way.

Cheers,

Dana
Ah but people would still be allowed to be famous, just think about that eh?

It is an individual view of the world - The 'Collective' vs the 'Individual' with regard to initiative and motivation. The extreme is that collectivists regard indivdual achievement as a small cog in the collective and thus achievement/knowledge/wealth achieved by individuals should rightfully be shared with everyone.

Hah hah, I phraised it just for doing something fine, however making things better is not enough while just depending on one national organization.
How would this organisation value things? What price would you give for an IBM computer in 1940, or a transistor in 1900? Very hard to put a value on things and the worst people are those in government offices who are clueless about most things. In fact things have gone in the other direction. In my lowly end of technology in 1986 when I started as a customer inspector I could go anywhere in most factories without a chaperone. By the time I stopped many companies would not let you even see the welding machines, control rooms or important parts of the process. In Voest-Alpine, Austria the customer is only allowed to see the plates they make when they are made and all testing is automatic so you see the tests through glass about 30 ft away. They command a high world price because of their technology, they dont give it to anyone, even the president of Exxon gets the same treatment, unless he wants to buy the whole company.

How would this organisation value things? What price would you give for an IBM computer in 1940, or a transistor in 1900? Very hard to put a value on things and the worst people are those in government offices who are clueless about most things. In fact things have gone in the other direction. In my lowly end of technology in 1986 when I started as a customer inspector I could go anywhere in most factories without a chaperone. By the time I stopped many companies would not let you even see the welding machines, control rooms or important parts of the process. In Voest-Alpine, Austria the customer is only allowed to see the plates they make when they are made and all testing is automatic so you see the tests through glass about 30 ft away. They command a high world price because of their technology, they dont give it to anyone, even the president of Exxon gets the same treatment, unless he wants to buy the whole company.
Yes, what you said are totally right. So I think that making things better is not enough while just depending on one national organization, it could only achieved by the majority of people who contributes to a more freedom world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back