TBD Devastator Schematics Plans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

daveT

Senior Airman
Douglas TBD Devastator Torpedo Bomber, ordered in 1934, it first flew in 1935 and entered service in 1937. At that point, it was the most advanced aircraft flying for the Navy and possibly for any navy in the world. However, the fast pace of aircraft development quickly caught up with it, and by the time of Pearl Harbor Attack it was outdated. It earned notoriety for its catastrophically poor performance in the Battle of Midway.
NO surviving examples exist today.
I'm looking for schematics and or plans and or blueprints to be able to build one from scratch. Where could they be obtained? I do not plan on building one myself, but I know several people who are interested in obtaining one.

Also looking for TBD Manuals, I see none on this web site

Last edited:
You may have already been down this road Dave, from this site..Full scale WWII plane blueprints.

"Actually, YES! You can contact the national archives and they can, for a fee, send you blueprints of what they have. Carl Lydick (Wilmracer), Patrick Murphy (earthsciteach), and I recently went to the Udvar Hazy museum in VA and the restoration hangar was having an open-house. Part of that was touring the archives there and one of the kind ladies did inform us that it is possible. Some may be digitized and could be sent electronically but not all of it has been scanned."

Or this site WWII & Legacy Aircraft Drawings | AirCorps Library They might be able to hook you up to someone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back