Classic Airframe? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Same as my question for Special Hobbies...any good and whatsit? Can you still find their 1/48 Re.2000 Falco, which is suitable for a SAF J-20?

The same answers to your Special Hobby question apply- some of Classic Airframes later releases are actually tooled by the Special Hobby/MPM group. They're short-run kits, usually with resin and photo-etch, so will require a lot more work than a Hasegawa or Tamiya kit, but they can be made into superb models with a little extra work. The quality has steadily improved with each new release, some of their earlier subjects are quite crude in comparison to their latest kits. Here's a Classic Airframes Fiat CR.32 that I built last year.

CR32_01s.jpg

Thanks guys; and I see what you mean about visibility :) This particular kit has the whole nose cast in resin, and it's a beautiful moulding with all of those cooling fins and vents cast integrally. Fairing it into the plastic fuselage is a bit of a challenge, though.

Thanks for your comments. Lucky13, you asked about the CA Re.2000 and if it's still available; it isn't listed in their catalogue on the Classic Airframes website. You may be able to pick one up on eBay though. Here's a useful review of the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back