Comet ATLAS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Basket

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 27, 2007
So April we have this incoming.

Comets have often been the harbinger of doom so excellent timing.

Could be brightest comet in a long time and bright green too.

So April we have this incoming.

Comets have often been the harbinger of doom so excellent timing.

Could be brightest comet in a long time and bright green too.

Looks like the Comet probably will not be putting on much of a display. - Its broken up into smaller pieces. - Nice image of the bits captured by the Hubble Space Telescope on this link...
That's the way the comet crumbles: Hubble image shows remains of Comet ATLAS | Space

Shame - It would be nice to have seen a "daylight" comet in our lifetime - Although with the current state of the world the appearance of such a "bad omen" in the skies would have kicked all the conspiracy theorists and wackos into overdrive! - So perhaps just as well.

What is the distance from these pieces to Earth? There were quite a number of asteroids approaching Earth from the lead up to Easter into Spring. I forgot which is which.

Nearest the bits of comet will get to Earth is 71 million miles on 23rd May. That's a huge distance compared to the asteroid that whizzed by on Wednesday 3.9 million miles away. - But even that is huge when you consider that the moon is a quarter of a million miles away.

This is my issue. Comet gonna be brighter than Venus in a clear night sky. Comet of the century and going to cast shadows.

Breaks up and total damp squib.

Betelgeuse going to be explode brighter than a million suns see in daylight you will.

Nope.

So much for so little.

So that's why I care not one jot for any kind of journalism. So when more current events take over with an abysmal track record then I don't believe a word even when they tell the truth.

Scientists do not exclude that this comet was part of a much larger comet, which in the distant past disintegrated into parts, including the Great Comet of 1844 and ATLAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back