commonwealth aircraft of the korean war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jrk

Airman 1st Class
Jul 26, 2005
staffordshire
part of the allied air forces in korea

ROYAL AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE.

douglas DC3 dakota

a gloster meteor mk 8 replacement for the no.77 sqn P-51 mustangs.

RAAF P-51 mustangs of no.77 sqn at iwakuni japan 1950

ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE.

douglas C-54 skymaster

ROYAL SOUTH AFRICAN AIR FORCE.

SAAF P-51 Mustang

SAAF F-86 Sabre

Like the SAAF Sabre! Michael Dorn (Startrack) Bought a former SAAF Sabre and brought it to a company I was working for to have it stripped down to bare aluminum. He then had it polished out - real nice aircraft!

He decided to re-do something with the paint - he told me "It looks strange to have a black guy flying around in a Sabre with SAAF markings!"

you know me by now nonskimmer if i saw any other canadian planes i would have posted them................... for sure

UN AIRCRAFT

BRITISH AND AUSTRALIAN NAVY.

auster AOP 6

cessna L-19 bird dog

fairey firefly (carrier based)

hawker sea fury (carrier based)

short sunderland

supermarine seafire 47 (carrier based)

So who had Canadian roundels, the Brits or the Australians?

I'm kidding of course. Nice pics. Love the Sea Fury.
The roundel and number on the right wing of the L-19 are upside down. I've never noticed that before.
I wonder if that was common practice for Army aircraft. Hmmm.

i picked the canadian bird dog pic cos i love the landscape covered in snow beautiful.its just like christmas at least i hope thats what it,ll be like this christmas over here anyhow

a lot of peeps seem to forget about the sunderland.there was a sunderland that was attacked by a group of ju 88s and it managed to send 4 of them packing.did anyone know the nickname for the sunderland was the flying porccupine?

Users who are viewing this thread