Corsair F4U1a Tamiya 1/48

captain Frey

Airman 1st Class
164
185
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Hi,
Here is my latest build, a 1/48 scale Tamiya F4U1a with a Quinta interior.
Since these photos were taken, I've slightly improved the wheel wells, which were a bit bare.
The decals were given to me by my friend Steph, and I'd like to thank him again here. They're from Fündekals kit number 48024. I tried to match the photos provided with the decal sheet as closely as possible.
The wheels are Eduard Brassin wheels intended for the Magic Factory kit.
I also scratch-built clear lights: position lights, starboard upper wing light, tail light, approach light, and gun camera glazing. I used Gunze and Tamiya paints and varnishes.

xh1r.jpg


ihtl.jpg


g6us.jpg


j2gw.jpg


o8te.jpg


tr0r.jpg


7lx8.jpg


r4ve.jpg


Best regards,

Pascal
 

Attachments

  • DSC07496x1000.jpg
    DSC07496x1000.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC07484x1000.jpg
    DSC07484x1000.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC07486x1000.jpg
    DSC07486x1000.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC07488x1000.jpg
    DSC07488x1000.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC07489x1000.jpg
    DSC07489x1000.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC07493x1000.jpg
    DSC07493x1000.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC07500x1000.jpg
    DSC07500x1000.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC07520x1000.jpg
    DSC07520x1000.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
I agree with Rob, it's a real beaut.
 
Hello Pascal,
I know, one more time, I'm in late in my replies regarding the emails. I'll try to send an email this week-end.
But in any case, it's a superb piece of work. :thumbleft::thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back