Corsair V.B.G. standard handbook Vought-Brewster-Goodyear

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Luckyone,

Looks like there are only two ways to get the manual. One very easy if you are a college student. The other would be to open each page. Do a save as and then make a pdf out of it. From as many pages as there is hopfully one of our college members could download it for you as from what I read if are enrolled at one of the colleges listed you can download for free.

All the best
Paul

Hi Luckyone,

Looks like there are only two ways to get the manual. One very easy if you are a college student. The other would be to open each page. Do a save as and then make a pdf out of it. From as many pages as there is hopfully one of our college members could download it for you as from what I read if are enrolled at one of the colleges listed you can download for free.

All the best
Paul

Thank you so much I am working on it it is so hard there are Six Books

here two that I am working on

Brewster VBG (Vought Brewster Goodyear) Standard Handbook of Instruction for the Wing Center Section, Volume II. for F4U-1 FG-1 and F3A-1 Corsairs Aircraft 326 page
Brewster VBG (Vought Brewster Goodyear) Standard Handbook of Instruction for Landing Gear, Volume V. for F4U-1 FG-1 and F3A-1 Corsairs Aircraft 319 pages

Very well done incredible reference .. I hope that some one can help..

I appreciate your answers

Last edited:
Good Job! You found some goodies! I have downloaded several books from there and it's a bitch that has to be one page at a time. You have to download each page as a picture and make a pdf of all the pictures to have a book. I will start downloading it today but might not finish til tomorrow. 600 pages is a lot. Also to get the full resolution pages, you have to hit the zoom in button several times and download them as you scroll down, otherwise each page will be of low quality, so play with the zoom function, download the page in different zoom levels first to see what is acceptable. Keith

I could only find a full view of the Volume 2 with the link you posted but couldn't find a full view of the other one, could you past a link to it? Keith
I am halfway done downloading high the resolution pages one by one and will post the entire book in a few hours when I'm done. It looks like a blind person scanned this thing because several pages are blank or large parts of the page are cut off. They didn't take it out of the binder, so the rings really messed it all up but it's still amazing tech info and I've always had an interest in the Corsair spars because of their unusual complexity. I have downloaded probably 30 books from Hathi and posted 20 on here, great stuff! Let me know if you find any other goodies. I hadn't been on there in a month and this is new. Keith

Last edited:
Thank you so much the other link I do not have

I am doing work on Corsair so I was looking for good referece

Here the link

v. 1. General procedure.- v. 2. Wingcenter section.- v. 3. Electrical system.- v. 4. Hydraulic system.- v. 5. Landing gear.- v. 6. Controls.

I downloaded the Corsair Wing Spar Manual that you provided the link to. I got all the pages in high quality but there were several pages missing and parts of pages. Let me know if you find the location of the other manual you spoke of. Keith

Attachments

• Vought Wing Construction Manual Part 1.pdf
    28.8 MB · Views: 513
  • Vought Wing Construction Manual Part 2.pdf
    45.2 MB · Views: 593
There is nothing to click on this text. Try to paste the links in a different way perhaps.

Thank you so much the other link I do not have

I am doing work on Corsair so I was looking for good referece

Here the link

v. 1. General procedure.- v. 2. Wingcenter section.- v. 3. Electrical system.- v. 4. Hydraulic system.- v. 5. Landing gear.- v. 6. Controls.

Okay, you had me confused but now I understand. All those libraries have an original copy on the shelf of 1 of the 6 volumes printed under that title. The only location that has any of them digital and online is the Hathi Trust but it's only the part 2, that I downloaded and uploaded here. I thought from your original post that you had found a digital location for part 2 and part 5, so I was confused. Only recently have these big university libraries started scanning any of these older holdings, hence it's really hard to find the exact books you are looking for in digital format. When using worldcat, it will show any digital copy links before it shows each of those brick and mortar libraries. Enjoy the one volume I uploaded but it looks like if you want other volumes now, you will have to travel to the actual library holding it and scan it yourself. Keith

Everything the scanned is in the PDF documents I uploaded above. I wrote about how bad the scans were so people wouldn't freak out. They didn't take the pages out of the large ring binder, so it cut of the right sides of many pages, some pages are totally blank but I included them and some pages have the top and bottoms missing. Most books in this shape I wouldn't have messed with but the subject matter was so awesome, I was excited to get what there was out of it. They needed to put a huge prop on to match this huge engine but they couldn't have really tall landing gear because of the huge forces on a carrier aircraft, so they ended up with this amazing gull shaped wing and what I think is the most amazing spar ever. This spar is an engineering work of art!

Here is a cool magazine article from the war that has several pictures of the corsair getting built and it's tooling. I have several other pictures of the corsair getting manufactured and several of the spar being manufactured but it will take me a while to find them.

Attachments

• Corsair Manufacturing.pdf
    11.4 MB · Views: 424
This is great stuff! I am also working on a Corsair project and anything Corsair is a real help. I am mostly interested in the older version of the Corsair because I am working on a early Brewster built F3a-1.

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back