Could anyone identify this acft, pls?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, I have seen the clip now. This is of course one of the few actual flying examples of the NZ built ww2 fighter called the "Moa" The four wheel undercarriage was (and still is) a considerable innovation. As well the camoflage was necessary because the Moa was both significantly underpowered, having only a Briggs and Stratton 2 stroke engine of about 5 hp, and relied heavily on the well-known 'Ground Effect' to make it mavouverable.

All in all an interesting aircraft and one that can still be seen in NZ today!

Kiwimac :D

Ahhh Yess, I remember in my early aviation days seeing this rare type which was a secret weapon of the russkies. It is clearly a Lawnboyovoshev Type II. I had an encounter with one over the Baltic one day on a mission in my Toro nado. Took several photos, but the Ruskie fingered me and dove away into the weeds. (Sigh)

Capt. Scott Tailwheel said:
Ahhh Yess, I remember in my early aviation days seeing this rare type which was a secret weapon of the russkies. It is clearly a Lawnboyovoshev Type II. I had an encounter with one over the Baltic one day on a mission in my Toro nado. Took several photos, but the Ruskie fingered me and dove away into the weeds. (Sigh)

Sorry Pal,
but this one was built in a top secret factory at the USA by JohnDeere for the OSS.Only 12 of them were built and used by the 0401st LMW
(Lawnmowerwing).All 12 were shot down by German Heavy Flak (12,8cm Flak Twins)during an Lawnraid at April 1st 1945. :BIG:

Greetings from Germany
Kongo Otto
Member of the Ministery for utter nonsense :D

I wish someone would post a picture of this thing, I'd like to see it! All I get on the above address is a long wait for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back