Culdrose Airday

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass

Major General
Dec 20, 2003
just an update, me and CC went to the Culdrose Airday, there's to much to see flying so visit http://www.airday.co.uk/html/Latest_News.html one minor problem, there was low fog cover so here's what actually flew

Sea king (role demonstration, it had to airlift a "wounded" man, exept it was so foggy you could only see the flair they used)
Chinook
Nimrod

a bit of a washout i think you'll agree................................

and even allot of the static displays weren't there, i was quite dissapointed as this was my first airshow and i really wanted to see the lancaster.................

i don't think that they'd be to happy with several thousand people asking for their money back, not everyone paid on the gate anyway, we had advanced tickets...........................

:lol: it was so foggy though, you could barely make out some of the massive green impossibly hard to miss hangars.................

With such a poor aircraft list, it seems crap to me anyway. I remember the air shows they had here, in Finningley, you had the works. It was great. And because my dad worked on the station, we got in for free.

Here they'd have F-15s, F-16s, Tornados, Lightnings, B-52s, C-130s, MiG-29s loads of stuff....it was great.

i'm hoping (it's doubtfull however) to get up to the yeovilton airday (as i've mentioned) which looks like it's gonna be allot better..................

Yeovilton often has a few nice participant, but as an airshow I think it's still not very good at all, and overpriced. It's extremely overcrowded as well, access to the airfield is poor (long queues), the sun is shining right in your face meaning making pictures isn't very good at all, and the airshow isn't that close to the crowd, which although safe, does mean you'll benefit from taking a pair of binoculars with you.
But having said all that... as your second airshow it will certainly be worthwhile visiting and entertaining. And definitely heaps better than half a Chinook in the fog...

A Chinooks good anywhere. My dad probably fixed that Chinook at some point, that you saw Lanc. Unless it's one of those new ones and they've sorted them out.

Yeovilton often has a few nice participant, but as an airshow I think it's still not very good at all, and overpriced. It's extremely overcrowded as well, access to the airfield is poor (long queues), the sun is shining right in your face meaning making pictures isn't very good at all, and the airshow isn't that close to the crowd, which although safe, does mean you'll benefit from taking a pair of binoculars with you.
But having said all that... as your second airshow it will certainly be worthwhile visiting and entertaining. And definitely heaps better than half a Chinook in the fog...

the funny thing was that the weekend before i went to the plymouth armed forces show on the hoe, and they had a hawk, tucano, tornado, nimrod, harrier and a chinook, so that FREE event that was closer that culdrose, had more flying that a proper airshow!!

in all fairness it did say in rather large type on the front that no refunds shall be given..................

Ive yet to go to an airshow too. But by 7 year old son is beginning to inherit my interests and when hes a bit older i'll take him to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back