Culdrose Airday

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree, as I work in a TVR dealership I go to a lot of the motorshows held there. Traffic becomes a problem though.

Good. There is nothing I cant stand more than people who take the mickey out of others because they have a different accent.

i saw the seaking demonstration because i had a better seat than lanc...hehe.

And lanc, you forgot about the skyraider that taxied up the runway demonstrating its wing folding.

and another thing, the frecce tricolori come round and handed us leaflets, my uncle got one of the pilots autographs. 8)

right, the time is near for Culdrose's 2005 airday, which i am going to see as it's one of only two airshows i'm remotely near, after last years dissapointment i'm hoping this will will be better, the weather#s been very good recently but you can never trsut cornwall...........

this's what's on the bill this year, no lanc though :cry:

Military Flying
Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team *
(Red Arrows)
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight *
(Dakota/ Spitfire x 2)
Hercules C130 * (quite looking forward to seeing this one)
Tornado F3 Display Team*
Tornado GR4 x 2
Typhoon * REALLY wanna see this one)
Tucano * (i'm strangely attracted to this aircraft...)
Jaguar GR3A (one of my last chances to see a jag)
Chinook MK2 *
Puma HC1
E3D Sentry * (Fly thru) (really wanna see this one, they're so cool!)
C17 Globemaster (this's be great)
Tornado F3
Griffin
Squirrel
Nimrod MR2 (i love this plane)
Sea Harrier * (one of their last ever displays)
Black Hawks *
Falcon *
Jetstream*
Blackcats *
(Lynx)
Seaking Mk4/Mk5/Mk6/Mk7 *
Merlin Mk1 *
Lynx MK8
Royal Navy Historic Flight * (i can't wait to see the sea Fury again)
(Sea Hawk Seafury)
Grob Tutor
Red Devils *
(Army Parachute Team)

Foreign Military
Royal Jordanian Falcons * (4 dudes in tiny planes, can't wait ;))
(Extra 300L x 4)
SF 260 Marchetti (Belgium)
AB412 (Dutch)
Lynx SH 14D (Netherlands)
Chinook (Netherlands)
Alouette lll (Ireland) (ugly as hell)
Tornado (Germany)
Atlantic (Germany)
Mi-8MTV (Lithuania) (a real helicopter!!)
MC-130P Hercules (USA)

Civilian
Boeing Stearman *
(Utterly Butterly)
Turbulent Team *
Cessna 172
Piper PA –28 Cherokee
Let 410
Scout
Wasp
Percival Pembroke

*Displaying

it's not the biggest airshow ever, but it's pretty good, i can't wait! most of my photos will be on film so unfortunatly i won't be able to get many on here if i can get any oh here at all!

Ok, we wont ;)

The Royal Jordanian Falcons are pretty good apparently. They were at RIAT and were really good apparently.

Two F-18 flew low over my house lastnight...

i did, 3 rolls of film worth, none of which have been processed yet as i only just got back, and i will have no way of getting any of them on the computer here lol............

ok, so the night before, i forgot my sleeping bag so insted of staying in a tent, i slept in the car lol..............

so, i'm in the airbase on the airday, and the military police came over to me and stopped me!! they said that a member of the public had told them that i got in without paying!! so i showed the nice men my ticket!! and they sent me on my way, i thought they were coming over to take the camera out of my film and interrigate me for taking pictures of something i shouldn't have lol!

then i went into a hangar, and there was a rowing competition. ok, so, you pay a pound, and you get a minute on this rowing machine to row as far as possible in that minute, i was in the boys under 18 catagory, and with a very, very impressive distance of 327m i won a plaque!! for having the best distance in my catagory!!

but, anyway, onto the planes!!

the BBMF in the form of two spits and the Dak were supposed to put in an appearance, but, just like they did at every other airshow i've ever been too, they canceled!!

i was blown away by the size of the C-17!! it was huge!! it made the nimrod look the size of a fighter!!

the red arrows were amazing, i've never seen flying that good before........

the Eurofighter was loud, but good!

the royal jordainian falcons were much better than i expected lol

saw one of the last ever sea harrier displays, very emotional!

no E3 either, which i was quite looking forward too lol

over all it was an amazing day and well worth it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back