Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
One of the neatest looking airplanes of the WWII era, and one I have read very little about. This is from the Nov 1974 issue of American Aircraft Modeler. If y'all want the rest of the article I can provide it.

SC-1Seahawk-5.jpg

How can I get the "rest of the article". I have always been interested in seaplanes and floatplanes.

Just send MIflyer a message with your request. Move the mouse cursor over MIflyer's nick below his avatar seen on lthe left of his post above. The new small pop-up window appears. Click there the Start Conversation button. On the new opened page, type the PM title and your message text. Then click the Start Convesation button at the bottom of the page.

message.jpg

hello MIflyer
(from France)
I built this kit several years ago

the only more doc you have to get is the monography Naval fighters n° 38
with some color photos get from here and there it will be great help
christian B

For any gearhead that likes ww2 aviation, the SC is a most interesting aircraft. The only Allied aircraft with a closely-coupled turbocharger, the installation being possible due to the turbine having the hollow air cooled blades. About 1000 of such turbochargers were manufactured, almost all of them installed in the SCs. No SC is preserved today, and we don't have any primary docs (beyond the archives?) to allow us a better look at the particular installation of the whole powerplant.

If it's anything like his Grumman Goose, the Signifer 1/48 scale SeaHawk is a really nice kit.

Once you get to the destination provided by the link, select CATALOGUE on the left of the screen. Then you can select a slideshow of the SeaHawk kit as well as slideshows of the other Signifer kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back