Daimler-Benz DB 605 Oil System...I Don't Understand

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As long as you don't drop a socket into one of the coolant passages!
That's only a problem after the head is off. I've not done it. From what I've heard, it's a case of 1. undo all bolts, 2. put spanners, sockets, etc away, 3. lift head off.

That, and having a drop cloth around the engine while undoing everything helps prevent losing nuts into the bottom of the cowl or anywhere else they get caught.

I've just come across this very interesting post. It would be great to see the whole report.

Cheers

Bonjour,
Je suis à la recherche de la côte d'entraxe des cylindres du DB605/A afin de pouvoir établir avec certitude le dessin grandeur de ce moteur.

vanceMerci d'a

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour,
Je suis à la recherche de la côte d'entraxe des cylindres du DB605/A afin de pouvoir établir avec certitude le dessin grandeur de ce moteur.

vanceMerci d'a

My French is terrible but if you are looking for information from me on the design of the DB605 I'm afraid that I can't help. The diagram and descriptions that I posted were taken from another website. You might want to get yourself a copy of D Deleted member 68059 Calum Douglas's book about engine development "The Secret Horsepower Race".

You will not find such a measurement in my book, but the cylinders are 178mm apart, except the middle four, which are 180mm apart (axially). Do not ask me why, I do not know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread