DC-3 manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would like to see a C-47 Structural Repair Manual. Also any Technical Orders\Bulletins regarding updates or upgrades to the aircraft while in service.

I will upload it tonight when I get home.

Any requests? I have 7gb of DC-3 Manuals... and 17gb of Engine Manauls...
Wow, I'm glad I checked this week. I recently talked with Thomson's Aviation Manuals, and discovered that they have very old DC-3 manuals I have not seen anywhere else. They had a DC-3 (commercial) operating manual for 1940. They also have a DC-2 manual for about 1935 or 36. Either of these would be very useful!
Here's what I would love. The 1940 manual, and any other commercial DC-3 operating manuals before 1960. I only have commercial manuals for these years:
1942 - from Douglas
1947 - from Douglas
1955 - says "CAA Approved April 29, 1955"
undated DC-3 277B for American Airlines. But it's a detailed description, with nothing on how to operate.
But they must have existed between 1935 and 1942, when the AC was in service, but I don't have any.

Military C-47s - the oldest I have is 1942, but older ones should exist.
Getting the really old ones, both military and civilian, would be very helpful to me. I'm happy to pay shipping costs etc. if you don't want to post big files.
Finally, anything that says "checklist" or similar. Any year, any airline.

thanks much!

Avialogs has a lot of DC-3\C-47 files that can be viewed or downloaded (subscription is about $15/6mos). It is definitely worth the subscription price. You can also upload your own there.
DC3 C-47

Note there are 3 pages of listings for this a/c.
Go to the homepage and look under Aircraft. You will see why it is worth the subscription. I have know affiliation with this site.

Indeed Avialogs is a great site.
BUT I have not found any flight or training manuals earlier than 1942, for either C-47 or DC-3. I know they exist, but there is seemingly nothing available for sale or download.
Any suggestions?
(Actually, Mach One sold me a 1939 manual from Australian National Airways. But nothing from the US.)

I just bid on a 1941 military DC-3 flight manual on eBay. Unfortunately, the software I was using messed up, and I was outbid. (I think it went for $120.) I have tried to relay an offer to the buyer to purchase a scan from him, but I don't know if my offer reached him.
The reason I was so interested is that it's a full year earlier than the earliest existing DC-3 or C-47 manual that I know of.
If I ever get it, I will be sure to let everyone know. Please LMK if you ever find anything pre 1942 on any version of this aircraft, military or civilian.

Thanks a lot for de Manual DC-3.
You have any specific Manual about Douglas DC3 C-47B-20-DK (Skyrain)?
Thanks!!

I also have many many DC-3 Manuals.. If anyone has request let me know.. I have them all digital scanned and run OCR on most of them so they are searchable.
hi there my name is jamie and have belonged here for a few years
i would be very interested in your dc 3 manuals . also am trying to find a index of drawings for this plane. i cannot find one any where in my set of engineering plans.

Two more to add to the list :
  • C-53 Operation Manual
  • Pilot's Notes for Dakota I & III - Two Twin Wasp R1830-92

Attachments

• C-53 Operation Manual.pdf
    35.6 MB · Views: 446
  • Pilot's Notes for Dakota I & III Two Twin Wasp R1830-92.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 246
Thanks so much for this 1939 manual! I've been looking for pre-WW2 manuals for this aircraft so this is quite helpful.
It appears, from the pictures, to be the "rigging and assembly" instructions. I have a 1939 Australian operating manual which looks quite amateur by comparison.

For C-47 engine overhaul manual and IPC, refer to:

C47 public manuals a backup here in this folder:

an alternate link with access code 1234

C47 public AFM:

alternate link with access code 1234

C47 public AMM:

C47 public SRM:

C47 public IPC:

Disclaimer: These items are shared for reference, sharing for non-profitable use only.
This manuals and blueprints are not meant to be used for current update material for certification / repair, but make an excellent reference for the scholar, collector, modeler or aircraft buffs .... For proprietary reasons we generally only provide original manuals from long-time out-of-production Aircraft / Engines / Helicopter. The information is for reference only and we do not guarantee the accuracy or currency of any manuals.

Reference herein to any specific commercial products by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is not meant to imply or suggest any endorsement by, or affiliation with that manufacturer or supplier. All trade names, trademarks and manufacturer names are the property of their respective owners.
The following are C-47 and Li-2 devices Russian very detailed manuals on Russian public website collected by a museum.
Please download the 6 pdf attachments:

Attachments

• C-47.pdf
    68.9 MB · Views: 107
  • LI-2.pdf
    17.3 MB · Views: 85
  • Ли-2РЛЭипилотированиюсамолетаЛи-2сдвумядвигателямиАШ-62ИР1965.pdf
    8.2 MB · Views: 73
  • Ли-2Электро-радиооборудование.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Ли-21947.pdf
    11.4 MB · Views: 76
  • Си-47Инструкцияборттехнику1948.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
pdf attachment 1: Basler BT-67, a turboprop-adapted DC-3's system general training manual on public website, for training purpose only.
pdf attachment 2: DC-3 early version general arrangement drawing
pdf attachment 3: DC-3 FAA type certificate
pdf attachment 4-14: DC-3 EARLY VIARANT PILOT training manual
pdf attachment 15: DC-3 WWII float version aerodynamic research report

Attachments

• Basler_BT-67_Systems_Training_Manual.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 90
  • dc3-1-general-drawing.PDF
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
  • a-669.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 93
  • FTM-Complete.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 107
  • GTM-Complete.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
  • dc-3-oral-exam.pdf
    18.9 MB · Views: 86
  • dc3engine.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 144
  • dc3generalarrangementpart1.pdf
    890.4 KB · Views: 85
  • dc3generalarrangementpart2.pdf
    977 KB · Views: 79
  • dc3loadinginformation.pdf
    675.1 KB · Views: 81
  • dc3operatinglimitations.pdf
    296.3 KB · Views: 75
  • dc3performanceinformation.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • DC-3-Checklists.pdf
    320.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DC-3CrewChiefNotes.pdf
    507.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 19930092596.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
A friend is a DC-3/C-47 fan and found a gun turret manual for the L-2 (Russian DC-3) on line and bought it - a really poor quality greyscale mess.

He asked me to clean it up enough that he could OCR and translate it. I did that on the condition I got a copy of the OCR and translation so here are the cleaned up manual and translation. If anyone wants the full OCR just ask and I will post that as well conditional on you will post any corrections to the translation to this thread.

1688622619492.png

Attachments

• ytk-1 turret for Li-2 = DC-3 ww2.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 30
  • ytk-1 turret translation ww2.pdf
    974 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back