Decal application using Polly Set (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SirFrancis

Airman 1st Class
Feb 10, 2022
Hi Guys, I did see the other recent post on decal setting, however it seemed to be limited to airbrush method and was too complicated for me.

I'm just hand brushing. I have a small bottle of Polly Set decal setting solution. Instructions on label says:
1. Apply to area of decal location
2. Slide decal on wet surface
3. Apply small amount of softener on decal surface
4. Allow to dry

So point 3 - apply softener. Is that a different product or the same? If different, is it necessary?

Any other tips for using this? I recall reading somewhere that this stuff is just diluted white vinegar.

cheers

Which one is the liquid you are asking about?
If it is the Set one .. yes the point 3 says that you should add some of the liquid at the top of the decal and then letting it getting dry itself. Actually both of them use the same instruction.

Polly Sol Decal Softener.jpg
Polly Set Decal Softener.jpg

Which one is the liquid you are asking about?
If it is the Set one .. yes the point 3 says that you should add some of the liquid at the top of the decal and then letting it getting dry itself. Actually both of them use the same instruction.

View attachment 686056 View attachment 686058
Hey Wojtek
Yes I have that Polly Set Decal Setting solution. So where point 3 says 'apply softener' is that the other softening solution?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Wojtek

Hey Wojtek,

Yes I have that Polly Set Decal Setting solution. So where point 3 says 'apply softener' is that the other softening solution?
No.
Same solution. Dip decal in warm water. Place solution where applying. Take decal out of water bath and apply solution while on the paper let set a moment and apply to kit. Use the solution as needed to continue application smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back