DGen to be re-done ?? Quite possibly, Yes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wheelsup_cavu

1st Sergeant
It seems that after all the waiting for DGen to be updated there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
The way I read the translated post by Asura at AviaSkins he says that he was able to contact Starshoy or that Starshoy contacted him, depending on the translation site, and Asura has the Source code and is in the process of updating Dgen.
DGen_mod - AviaSkins.Forums

Asura said:
Im Translator: Im Translator : Free Translation Service

Well now you can probably lift the card and report the following:

Some time ago I was contacted by Vadim "Starshoy" Kolosov, author DGen and was the original source code generator. The version 4.0.4.1 of the source was in 2006 and currently the latest version sources can be considered lost. After some thought I came to the conclusion that the right to rewrite the generator fully taking into account the real situation, namely, to unite the branches of AP and HRP (individually they have probably no one uses) to make a list of aircraft in a file open for additions, add the ability to free to add new cards. Thus, the problem of the first stage of development - a generator are the same, all the algorithms of the original, but open for new mod features. In the second phase plan to remove the restriction on the time period and implement the addition of new countries.

Now work on the generator is in full swing - I am writing an analysis *. mis file and populate the associated database (targets, routes, etc.). Hopefully soon the new generator will generate the first mission ... Yes - airplanes and the key cities (available for free to add maps) already issued in external files. Next in line to do the same with the Springfield ...

I hope I do this work not only for themselves and it is still useful to someone. Work for many, the end result fast do not wait. I will try to inform on the key points in this thread.

Asura said:
Google Translate Google Translate

Well now you can probably lift the card and report the following:

Some time ago I was contacted by Vadim "Starshoy" Kolosov, author DGen and was the original source code generator. The version 4.0.4.1 of the source was in 2006 and currently the latest version sources can be considered lost. After some thought I came to the conclusion that the right to rewrite the generator fully taking into account the real situation, namely, to unite the branches of AP and HRP (individually they have probably no one uses) to make a list of aircraft in a file open for additions, add the ability to free to add new cards. Thus, the problem of the first stage of development - a generator are the same, all the algorithms of the original, but open for new mod features. In the second phase plan to remove the restriction on the time period and implement the addition of new countries.

Now work on the generator is in full swing - I am writing an analysis *. mis file and populate the associated database (targets, routes, etc.). Hopefully soon the new generator will generate the first mission ... Yes - airplanes and the key cities (available for free to add maps) already issued in external files. Next in line to do the same with the Springfield ...

I hope I do this work not only for themselves and it is still useful to someone. Work for many, the end result fast do not wait. I will try to inform on the key points in this thread.
Asura seems to be willing to make it mod friendly with the new features he will be adding if the translation is anywhere near correct.
  • Make one version to generate missions for Pacific Fighters and old Forgotten Battles versions ??
  • Ability to add additional aircraft as needed via an editable file (user editable it seems ??)
  • abilitity to add new cards. (Wondering if that means New maps??)
  • then later remove the date restrictions add New countries as needed.
If this gets finished maybe it's time to start asking for an NGen update too. ;)

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back