DH Mosquito Design Analysis

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And we can also assume that the wooden design of the Mosquito was not necessarily the most efficient from an engineering standpoint. It's possible that the Mosquito could have been lightened a bit more by saving materials in strategic locations if someone was willing to take the time to do the calcs and if an extensive testing program was to be adopted. However, the saving would have been of little consequence, possibly adding a few hundred pounds to the fuel or bomb load.

I remember that day well. I was at home when I heard the noise of an aircraft approaching. The sound was unmistakably Merlin engines. I looked up and there she was, approaching me at an altitude I didn't think was permissible in my location. A fabulous site as she went right over my roof and away towards Barton Aerodrome. So sad to hear that less than an hour later she was gone, taking her crew with her....

Just found this post and read the entire magazine articles in the first part. It's coming at a good time since I'm trying to decide what super plastic model I want to build next and am having a hard time choosing between SWS' A-1 Skyraider or their P-51, or Hong Kong Models Mosquito or Tamiya's Mosquito, or Tamiya's F4-U Corsair. These are all 1:32 and are all excellent kits. This article has made me look at the Mossie more seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread