Do26 or Ha139 in Lufthansa colours

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pbhawkin

Airman
Sep 1, 2008
I am after any pictures of the Dornier Do26 and Blohm and Voss Ha139 in their prewar Deutsches Lufthansa (DLH) colours.
Obviously coulored photos preferable but B&W too.
In particular I am interested in seeing if the fuselages were light Grey (L40/52) or Silver (L40/52) or if they had both at various times??

regards
Peter

Verner,
thanks for the reply.
I am already aware of that excellant site. However the colour (maybe retouched) picture of the Lufthansa Do26 is not clear if it is light Grey or Silver!
The pictures of the Ha139 I had forgotten about!! However, again not very clear except to highlight that the planes were NOT all the same (only one had Black engines) and that the pictures show the changes to the tailplane over time. Picture 1 and 2 show a slight change of Nordmeer's tail (from prominent rudder to clipped rudder), and picture 1 and 4 show the change in Norwind's tail (from oval shape to clipped rudder). Also Nordwind in the first picture appears to have Black engines but not in the pic 4 colour shot!?
Pictures 5 and 6 clearly show the Yellow colour on the outer wing as well as bright Silver ailerons and elevator which suggests that the rest of the plane is a light Grey.

peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back