Does anybody know field pictures of THomson TB tenders of WW2 ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

criannick

Airman
Aug 8, 2007
Eastern France
Hello everybody

I am on the last stages of a Blenheim MK IF (1940) in 72 diorama. I will include a Thompson tender
This one is a TB 3 which , as I know , was only produced by Lead sled followed by Flightpath

FP-72-016small.jpg

But I will build a lengthened TB- 5 version because I am happy to have a wonderful AFV museum 50 km from my home and they got one see one of several picture I got to detail it

Thompson RAF tender MMPark (1) comp.JPG

The conversion was not very difficult but the kit stays quite crude.
About the pattern this one is a post-war so , as for 1940 a lot of airfield equipment were still RAF Blue Grey No.33 I choose that solution.
Very few pictures of that tenders exist on internet, most are from restored vehicles.
Does somebody know a picture on WW2 field use ? I remember I saw one but can't find it.
Just because something is not clear : my special wish is to see how the fuel tube deploys from vehicle to aircraft because on all edited pictures that tube runs along the vehicle's side at rest.
It seems the fuel comes from the left vehicle side (?); that seems the way on the TB-5 of the picture; you can see the distribution steel rod but the flexible tube lacks.

Thompson RAF tender MMPark (5)comp.JPG

Thanks to everybody in advance

christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back