Does the original IL-2 Sturmovik has Spitfire in it?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chiron

Airman 1st Class
Feb 17, 2005
Hey, guys, I am thinking about buying IL-2 Sturmovik, and I want to know if it has Spitfire in it.

My computer is only PIII 600, with 256 RAM

IL2: Forgotten Battles with the Ace Expansion Pack contains the Spit Mk. V, but remember that it's contained in the Ace Expansion Pack portion. If you buy an older copy of IL2:FB without it, you won't get the Spit.
Once you have these , you can then download several patches from Ubi.com. In one of them (I forget which one) there is the Spit Mk. IX.
If you decide to buy Pacific Fighters as well, you'll get the Spit Mk. VIII.

If you're talking about the original IL2 Sturmovik, then I don't believe so. I've never owned that game, but I would think you'd be much better off buying the newer Forgotten Battles version anyway. Just my opinion.

" I would think you'd be much better off buying the newer Forgotten Battles version anyway"

But, it requires a min of PIII 800, and my pc can only run at 600 with 256 RAM and a video card of 32 ram, do you think it will run smoothly?

That's a shame m8. In the 4.0 Patch you will get 2 maybe more new Spitfires (Vc 2 Cannon, Vc 4 Cannon). I think both will come with the Volkes Filter as well for Desert Conditions.

It's a shame that you can't at least get a FX5200 Card. You won't be able to play it on really good settings, but you could still play it though and have loads of fun with it. Plus the FX5200 are very, very cheap to buy these day's.

Hot Space

Chiron said:
" I would think you'd be much better off buying the newer Forgotten Battles version anyway"

But, it requires a min of PIII 800, and my pc can only run at 600 with 256 RAM and a video card of 32 ram, do you think it will run smoothly?

You really need to upgrade your 'pute to get the most out of the game. Minimum for half descent performance is 2.4Ghz/1 gig ram. A quality graphics card as well.

A link to look at, http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=000001

Users who are viewing this thread

Back