>> **** DONE: 1/48 HARVARD MK.IV - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers (1 Viewer)

Geo, from memory, the engine cowling and engine assembly is not a great fit, as there is minimal contact surface. Might be an idea to cement it in place before priming and painting.
 
Thanks guys. I went down and glued the 3 piece exhaust ring/firewall(?)/engine assembly together, press fit it to the fuselage and then dry fit the cowling over it. Fit doesn't seem too bad, very snug. I will push just the cowling onto the fuselage when I prime and paint, this should leave the gluing area free of paint for later.

002.JPG

​
While looking around at the fit I noticed some more that needs to be removed to accommodate the replacement exhaust...

005.JPG

​
Also note in the pics my attempt at trying to figure out how to mask the innards. As a former brush painter this wasn't never a problem. I may try using wet tissue/cotton or just use 500 pieces of blue tape. Done for another week, bus in 3hrs. Have a good week gents.

EDIT: I went over this twice looking for typos/errors. Just found one so from now on I'm highlighting them as a warning to myself
 
Last edited:
:thumbright:
 
My MK IV cowling was too loose so I used this method of placing 10 thousandths tabs around the fire wall. It took two layers but it is a snug fit. Yours might only take one layer provided it is loose afterwards. I also modified my engine with a prop shaft and modified to prop to accept it and now my prop spins.
100_1631.JPG
100_1635.JPG
 
Looking good. :)
 
Looking real good George
 
Good work so far George!
 
Paint looks flawless! And yes a minimum of 12 hours is a good idea. Have had failures when I was in too much of a hurry with their paints. In terms of scratching, not sanding well and lift when masking. But after 12 or so very few if any issues. And I love how Vallejo covers so well!
 
Thanks all, first light coats are on, top and bottom...

009.JPG

​
...and while I had the white primer and yellow out I did the bottom of the captured 190 I'm ever so slowly working on though this should speed things up now.

005.JPG
 
:thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back