++ **** DONE: 1/48 P-63C - Military Conflicts of the 1950's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm with Terry but it's a matter of taste. I used a grey wash on my Israeli Spit and it came out a little less punchy. But if punchy is what you want, fill yer boots!

I had already shot on the dull coat so it was too late to lighten up the panel lines. I put on the pastel exhaust staining and generally dirtied up every thing and I think it's a pretty good match for the pictures in post #5. These Indochina P-63's were pretty worn and filthy.
I pulled off the masks and this is what it looks like.

PB282253.JPG
PB282255.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The exhaust staining and the additional weathering has knocked down the effects of the panel wash or so it looks to me. Looks good and in line with the archive photos.

I should make it Ok, not much left now. Just glued on the gear legs and have been working on painting the prop and the wheels. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Can't wait to make a start on the Havoc.

Sorry I haven't posted anything in the last few days but I've been spending all my free time trine to finish up ans this is the only progress pictured I found that I had taken. Its a shot of the kit props and a spare I had from a Eduard P-400 I made 10 or 15 years ago. I couldn't decide which to use and went as far as painting all the components of both props (including the blue, white and red spinners) before deciding on the kit prop mainly because the blades were medal and I could just do a bit of scratching with my fingernail to remove pant and make it look well worn.
PB272251.JPG

I finaly did finish it up tonight, just under the wire and here are a fey pictures of it before I get up the finished thread
362095_f2cceb024c767e49102465406b5d1d43.jpg

8.JPG
7.JPG

PC042275.JPG
PC042279.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back