**** DONE: GB-60 1/32 Fw190A-8 - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildsau

Senior Airman
Oct 22, 2019
User Name: WildSau
Name: Walter
Category: Intermediate
Scale:.............1/32
Manufacturer/Model: Hasegawa
Extras: Master gun barrels, and much scratch work. Quinta Studios IP decals.
Decals: Original Hasegawa have been baking in the sun for a good 4 months but not convinced they are still usable I went and purchased a new set from Extracals.

Already started so its a continuation of a WIP. At the time I purchased this kit rushed into it without doing enough research. The kit is the original tooling and nothing like the new tooling which makes for an easier build an more detailed in key areas, like the cockpit and undercarriage. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. I never let such obstacles get in the way. As I'm a fan of JG300 I'm will most likely create a late war version as flown by this Geschwader.

Last edited:
This kit has raised rivets so it's beautifully detailed on the exterior. I decided to sand them back a little to present a more realistic panel finish.

A lot of preparation work. This kit is all about prep I've spent hours just doing this which fine it's good therapy for me.

Next was fixing the top in board gun bay covers, these are not the correct shape.

Here's a before and after

20231016_170754.jpg

Also made the covers for the outboard guns as the aren't included in the kit.
20231102_150933.jpg

Engine done, its not a realistic representation, normally I would dress the subject up for a prom night but I don't much like its appearance and I was intending to close it up anyway. Its interesting because i went to town on the 1/48 BMW801 from Eduard's original tooling of the Fw190. Sometimes you just have to be in the right mood to fix things before you get started.

20231104_132040.jpg

20231104_132005.jpg

Looking foward to the Hasegawa 'put-together' as I've only experienced one build myself and was not so pleased. But it wa a 1:72 after all.

Looking nice. But the cockpit colour looks kinda odd. It should be the RLM 66 slightly close to the blue-greyish side panels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back