Douglas 8A3N cockpit Section

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Geedee, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Geedee

Geedee Well-Known Member

Some of you guys may have seen this fantastic cockpit section in the UK Aviation mags last year ?.

Basically, we have a once a year, a get-together called Cockpitfest, held at Newark, where cockpit collectors and others with an interest in aviation stuff like ejector seats, instrument panels and such like, all bring their projects along for the weekend and we all chill out and talk nonstop plane stuff.

Follow these links for the International Cockpit Collectors Club (ICC) and the actual cockpitfest updates..
    International Cockpit Club - Home
    Ops. Board - CockpitFest

Jan van Huuksloot brought his absolutely stunning project over from Holland and ensured that the event was a great occassion....did I say he also has a 109 !.

The Dutch got a very small number of these planes but all where lost in a very short time. Jan's cockpit is made from parts from two airframes - No. 392 which was shot down by a Messerschmitt Bf110 and recovered by Jan during a dig and No. 390 which belly landed after being hit by friendly fire.

You will notice in one of the pics a glove on the control frip that was recovered from one of the sites. Very poignant and thought provoking. !.

I spent a lot of that weekend chatting to Jan, he's a real gent !. He did give me his card but in the best tradition, I havent been able to find it, so I'm really hoping he's back for this years cockpitfest in June.

Anyway, on with pics.

Attached Files:

2. Marcel

Marcel Well-Known Member

Bioinformatician
    Great pics :thumbright: Didn't know this existed.