Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1647378413596.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Where the fuck did you put my radio and me amour plating??

View attachment 661460

And what's this bloody heater doing in here?!?!

As a licensed commercial/ATP pilot (uh oh!) with less shop time under my belt than the other guys I was designated "permanent nigger" and had to come in early to tow the planes from the gate down to the hangar at night and stay late to tow them back up in the morning. For that extra duty I was paid at baggage smasher scale rather than mechanics rates. We had an old Gov't Surplus tug like the one in the picture but were towing 45,000 pound Fokker F27s. No complaints, it was better than unemployment.
In addition to the seven "official" errors in the photo, they're using way too short a towing bridle. You've got to give the poor sod in the cockpit riding brakes a little reaction time before the nosegear hits the tug. Our hangar was down in a hollow about twenty five feet lower than the rest of the airport, so towing downhill the tail could easily wag the dog. Snowy or icy nights could be fun.

Last edited:
Do they have to remain sober during the day? A guy who worked in the pulp mill across from our mill used to stop at the liquor store on the way to work and stock up on mini liquor bottles

I saw a want ad for baggage handlers at MSP. The first job qualification listed was: be able to show up on time and sober.
And read, speak, and understand the English language!
My American Eagle/American Airlines pilot friend was glad to retire when she did, as it was getting hard to talk with ramp rats anywhere in the country (even Bangor Maine!) if you didn't speak Spanish.

My American Eagle/American Airlines pilot friend was glad to retire when she did, as it was getting hard to talk with ramp rats anywhere in the country (even Bangor Maine!) if you didn't speak Spanish.

Several years back when our company did heavy maintenance, a whole lot of ex-South African Airways guys were taken on, but it caused a few issues, to the extent that Afrikaans was banned from being spoken on the hangar floor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back