eBay: Bloch Fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

4 bladed propellor autogyro

1702470812417.png

1702470800081.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
4 bladed propellor autogyro

It's a 3-bladed LeO C.30, a license-built variant of the Cierva machine. The French army had great hopes for using them for artillery observation, but was disappointed. The French navy received some for anti-submarine use shortly before the May attack.

As an artillery observation aircraft it was fatally slow. It had great potential for ASW work from ships without full flight decks, but it was seriously weather-limited. The take-off run of the C.30 meant that it couldn't launch from a simple pad, but the French navy's C.302 featured Cierva's "jump" rotor head, which temporarily turned the autogyro into a helicopter for a vertical takeoff.

I suppose Snautzer is speaking about the Bloch fighter.

Some planes were fitted with temporary wooden propeller for transit from factory to the squadrons, where the three-bladed variable pitch ones were delivered directly.

A post-retrofit, in short...
Not a retro fit. The french did not have enough that were supposed to go on. Kinda standard procedure to get the airframes out.
Like with their tanks. Sure a tank but no gun etc.
Hoping in time that it would get in order.

Not a retro fit. The french did not have enough that were supposed to go on. Kinda standard procedure to get the airframes out.
Like with their tanks. Sure a tank but no gun etc.
Hoping in time that it would get in order.

That's what I said. A no Bloch 151/152 never fought with four bladed prop... nor any Potez 63-11 went over Germany with two-bladed wooden prop.

Thats what you typed..

Never mind i know what you mean.

What I believe...

A retrofit is an assembly allowing to correct a design error or inadequacy and to raise a previous production to a new standard.
Here, the Bloch fighters were not initially designed (and approved) with a four-blade wooden propeller, but with a three-blade with variable pitch. It is therefore not a real retrofit to equip them with the propeller that they should have received at the factory. Hence my word post-retrofit opposing post and retro.

A bad joke, of course...

4 bladed propellor visible no pitch control

1703417201879.png

France Buc airfield Forgotten airfields europe
Nr 10

View attachment 742444

Bloch 152 Nr 10 Waving at Wurger #81

1711281861037.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back